Places to find supplies after a societal collapse

Agreed
The bangers 90% of the time are going to be after electronics and highly valuable things
Most have no training and may overlook certain places like distribution centers and smaller general stores or markets
The down side of them is there already attached to each other and are ussualy armed with various small arms
There spray and pray attitude is effective in numbers but I’d im in a concealed elevated position they don’t stand a chance
The mob mentality will surely take over in any situation like this and it’s best to try to avoid the mob

7 Likes

having been an armoured crewman in a past life and when you have to leave your “house” you suddenly realize the box of grenades should have been left behind…
That is until you needed to throw a few.

as with all survival scenarios you have to always consider water and shelter from the elements (which could just simply be the clothes on your back). Food can always be found but the first two will kill you faster than being hungry.

8 Likes

We’ll do whatever the SHTF scenario calls for.
The world can do whatever but my family comes FIRST and LAST.

By any means necessary.

7 Likes

Makes sense and I feel the same way.

5 Likes
4 Likes

^^^^That right there should be the number one priority in prepping!

In many smaller communities the people running those places are or should be part of your group! In that scenario a “raid” takes on a different connotation.

Step up and be a leader in your community now and people will look to you for that same leadership when things get bad.
And above all, keep your range cards up to date!:+1:

6 Likes

There are no innocents; there are only the quick and the dead. :no_mouth:

As for supplies, I’ll start with the water in toilet tanks and in hot water heaters.

5 Likes

Water, every ones water heaters will still have water in them.

Fuel, do not siphon gas, punch a hole in the bottom of the tank, drain it into a clean tub, then pour it in a can. Way faster and better for situation awareness.

And dont do to the Hostess Twinkie factory, Homer Simpson has already beat you there.

5 Likes

Just finished Black Autumn. I really liked it and it definitely got me thinking about some dilemmas I hadn’t before. The threats won’t always be head on, immediate, or even obvious. Hadn’t thought as much about good guys on different sides both just trying to survive but one has to lose for the other to not lose . Bad position to be in but better to have addressed it as a thought exercise beforehand. Going to check out the free stuff later this weekend as time allows.

6 Likes

The Civil War comes to mind for me when I read this part of your post.

5 Likes

That makes alot of sense, especially when even families has people on both sides.

4 Likes

I have a dug well with good water, that’s all we had for years. we have city water now but I still have the well and use it some. and a dog guarding it. I heat with wood, use the central unit very little. I have a septic system and do not need no city sewer services. I try to depend on the government as little as possible.

8 Likes

Well shoot, I didn’t mean to kill the thread.

5 Likes

You didnt kill the thread. We kind of figured you were pretty self sufficient considering you were around before electricity

8 Likes

I’m on a septic but water would become and issue where I am now.

4 Likes

Yup, same here.

7 Likes

Flagged

4 Likes

Youre going to scare the noobs away again

5 Likes

If I posted a selfie, now that would scare anyone away.

5 Likes

Just post those dick/vagina pics @LonewolfMcQuade keeps sending you.

4 Likes