Planning Our Way to Safer Schools and Churches

This is a thousand words. Too long?
Rob

At Slowfacts-
Protecting innocent people is serious business. Smart men and women gave it a lot of thought. Here are two stories about protecting our schools and churches…
…or not.

4 Likes

I haven’t read it yet but you do have a fine line to balance with length

a lot of the stories I see are to short, not really worthy of a title and space to post, but others are to long and time and attention span tends to induce a “read over” effect which often causes important parts to be missed

tough call…

I book marked for later

1 Like

Yeah… a bit long for me, I have very limited time. but! I did skim through it and have to agree. There is a balance and not many can get that. We protect our political elite and yet… a school? Nail up a sign, that should do it.
Placing security into practice is sometimes difficult and having the ability to hire people who will actually protect is another issue.

2 Likes

I haven’t had time to read it, but I was disappointed when the Dallas area Catholic Diocese instructed all its parishes to post Texas Penal Code 30.06 and 30.07 no gun signs. I can understand the “no open carry” 30.07 signs, but believe the “no concealed carry” 30.06 signs are just an invitation for mass shooters intent on harming innocent parishioners.

2 Likes

Most people would shoot a pedophile on sight so I can see why they would not want guns in the church.

2 Likes