Please don’t Europe-ize my American car

Fiat is now the parent company of Chrysler. So that is why several Jeeps are not from Toledo, but over there. They suck.

3 Likes

I’ll tell you what doesn’t suck, my 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. You can still get a properly good Jeep, just avoid the FWD Fiat-sourced buckets and you’ll be just fine.

I’ve owned stuff from just about everywhere. At the end of the day my fast, comfy and good-to-look at Dodge Charger R/T fit the most of my needs just fine–loved my '16 so much I just traded it for an '18. It will be even better when I get a tuner and add a supercharger in the future.

4 Likes

Never owned a Fiat or any other European cars, although I think they’re pretty cool.

Only Jeep I ever owned was a ‘47 Willys CJ2A. It was cool and a lot of fun, when I could get it to run. It was super easy to work on, and I did the whole suspension and body work myself. But I could never get the finicky carb and points to work right and it quickly became a money pit.

Anyway, I’ve always been intrigued with the newer Jeeps, Dodges and Rams, but every time I research any one of those particular models I always seem to find a large number of expensive mechanical horror stories intermixed with other stories of long-lasting, reliable use for several hundred thousand trouble-free miles. I’m one who likes to keep a vehicle for at least over a decade. So I’ve been reluctant to try the Fiat/Chrysler brand for fear it may be a crapshoot and I’d end up with a clunker. Those of y’all with Chrysler products, what has been your experience?

4 Likes

My 2016 Jeep Renegade made in Italy. Will turn 60,000 miles today on the way to work. 1 recall on the cooling fan. Good little 4x4. Sister has a 2016 Cherokee trailhawk 1 software update only problem with that 1. Just over 61,000. Good jeep.

4 Likes

Fix
It
Again
Tony

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket…

:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Fucked
Over
Rebuilt
Dodge

Fix
Or
Repair
Daily

Give
Me
Charity

Gonna
Miss
Cash

5 Likes

Three Dodge Chargers (1 just bought) and zero problems—and I drove the hell out of the first one (2014).

2015 Jeep Renegade errrr Fiat 500x and loads of problems. Night and day difference. We hated that Renegade and I’m glad we traded it for the Grand Cherokee.

4 Likes

Poor
Old
N*****
Thinks
It’s
A
Caddilac

5 Likes

Cheap
Heep
Every
Valve
Rattles
Oil
Leaks
Everywhere
Too

4 Likes

Climbs
Hills
Even
Valleys
Rolls
Over
Logs
Eats
Trees

Flip
Over
Read
Directions

Got
More
Class

Dead
On
Dump
Grounds
Everywhere

4 Likes

Down here near Res land that one reads:
Poor old native thinks it’s a Cadillac :wink:

4 Likes

Hmmmm, I always thought it was Neanderthal…
I wonder what others grew up thinking it was…

4 Likes

Gay mans cruiser

4 Likes

Some
Asshole
Always
Beeping

3 Likes

Break
My
Windows

3 Likes

The factory in Toledo was on Jeep/Willys Parkway. Named by the city for obvious reasons. Mercedes Benz built a new factory on the north side of the city. This isn’t about the thread, just a tangent and Willys. M-B lost their ass, which is why they sold their interest. I dislike Jeep products. That is my opinion, not yours. Don’t be bothered.

3 Likes

Damn it, slipped that in and I was all set to be bothered, maybe next time

5 Likes

Yes, had a bunch of Alfas and Fiats back in the day.
Mostly because when previous owners traded them for a good ole’ american car, they usually had something wrong with them and I bought them really cheap.
Had to learn how to fix them, though.

3 Likes

Ford Mexicanized thier Trucks, Chevy Obamanized thiers, Dodge provided further proof of tranny issues by getting in bed with Fiat…I just dont get an American vibe from any of them. I like my 99’ FORD f150 but “If” I ever feel the need for a newer rig it will probably just be a Toyota Tundra or Nissan Titan.

3 Likes