Pocket pistol & caliber suggestions

I love my Ruger LCP. It’s even small and comfortable enough to wear in an IWB holster while working out (mostly running or inline skating).

5 Likes

No problems with feeding different ammo?

2 Likes

Nothing says “go away” like buck shot!

5 Likes

There’s a lot of good ones out there. Depends mostly on what size you want to carry.

I currently carry a full-size PPQ, but there is a small version PPQ out there.

I compete with a P320, and there’s compact P320s.

Glocks are always good, though you might want to toss in an upgrade or two.

I’ve heard good things about the CZ P10-C as well. CZ makes good stuff.

There’s lots of good carry guns out there.

3 Likes

The Sig P365 9mm fits great in a pocket. When it first came out they had little trouble with the sights coming off but from what I’ve heard at the range they’ve got that fixed.

2 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

We only have a couple magazines through it with one type of ammo so my experience doesn’t address that. I’ll have to look into it more though.

1 Like

Much appreciated :+1:

LonewolfMcQuade, Have him take a look at the Ruger LCR! Lots of caliber options 22 LR 22 magnum 38 Special +P 357 Magnum 9 mm 327 Federal Magnum.

3 Likes

Thanks, didn’t think of that one.

1 Like

if you love the LCP, you will really love the LCP II.

I had the LCP a while back. It was a good gun, but for me, not enough to hang onto.

The LCP II, especially with the 7 shot clips, is much better.

Both are very easy to conceal.

4 Likes

If he can go to a range that has rental firearms, he should try several out to see which one(s) he can shoot the best. I’d recommend the LCP, LCPII, Glock 43 (no experience w/ the 42), LC9s, LCR 38/357. Even a Glock 26 could work, too. A lot depends on the size, shape of the person & what they have to wear. Also whether pocket, IWB, AIWB, etc. is their chosen carry location.
I prefer 9mm and would not go smaller than 380, if at all possible.

2 Likes