Poll Best home defense for new gun owner?

• Hand gun
  • Rifle/carbine
  • Shotgun
  • Tomahawk
  • Other be specific

0 voters

7 Likes

tomahawk missile or ax?

11 Likes

I was thinking axe but, I like where your head is.

12 Likes

AR with shotgun and axe and tomahawk attachments? Detachable pistol

9 Likes

How about an AR with a masterkey?

10 Likes

Like this…i want one

11 Likes

giphy (22)

7 Likes

I want to shoot one just to see how it feels.

8 Likes

Short (20" bbl) pump shotgun. Second best would be a short double barrel (25" bbl).

Most rooms are less than 6 yards long and a shotgun is very capable at that range.

We are talking new gun owners here. Give them six or seven years to get some skills and (hopefully) proper training.

11 Likes

I think a can of wasp spray would be the best for people unfamiliar with firearms. It will go 20 feet and will not over penetrate.

12 Likes

If it’s not there when you need it, you may as well not have it. So I home carry a pistol.

If not home carrying, then a shotgun would be my next choice.

14 Likes

I still cant run a shotgun its why i gave up on 3-gun yet I’m ok with an AR. Took me all of a few hours and few hundred rounds to get get basics down.

It really is easy to learn, it took me alot longer for pistol proficiency.

I guess it depends on how much time you want to dedicate to learning your weapon. In my mind an AK with hollow points or AR in .300 BO is the bees knees for HD but im a red headed step child …

Maybe a shotgun is simpler and easier but that wasnt the case for me as a beginner. I jumped in 3 gun and a few classes to learn basics though.

12 Likes

Whos defending the domicile?
If your asked ME, then Hawk & knife all the way. I learned hawk & long knife by accident. After training with a sword for 20 years, I found that hawk & knife uses the same moves.

I see a hand with something in it. Hawk to the wrist, and flash to the neck. They drop the weapon and grab their neck. Bury the hawk any where you wish.

There are a few of the knives still available from Dixie Gun Works. Its called the Dixie Bowie. The finest steel you will ever own.
The hawk was hand made by a gent who passed from cancer. His goal was to make 100 of these before he passed. He made 103. This one is number 89.

In washingrad you go to jail for using a firearm, even in your home. This give the cops a bigger mess to clean up.

The Mrs uses her 357 mag, she is 4ft 11in so she feels she is at a disadvantage. So God made her, but Sam Colt made her equal.

10 Likes

Here’s an option for new guys.

Double barrel Coach Gun. 20" barrels, external hammers, simple operation. It can be left loaded, with the hammers down, relatively safely. If you need to use it, just cock the hammers and it’s ready to go.

12 Likes

I think it is more complicated than just form of gun, but as a starting point, I chose “handgun” for a first home-defense weapon.

Max barrel length roughly 4 inches, max overall gun length roughly 8 inches, capacity at least 7 shots, common caliber (examples: .357 mag, .45 acp, .40 s&w, or 9 mm). And have a backup gun (could be same caliber or could be one in a revolver caliber, and one in a semiautomatic caliber).

After acquiring and becoming proficient with the 1st and 2nd guns (both handguns), then add a shotgun - double barrel/double trigger, semiauto, or pump.

Maybe add a rifle for defense if/when longer range and/or higher capacity, is needed.

10 Likes

Thats true , Henry Angelo’s lineage of sabre fencing probably was directly apllicable to tomahawk. It was also the manual used by the British military for about a 100 years. Very simple and effective.

Here’s the manual if you like reading old military fencing/combat manuals. Also goes over bayonet fighting.

8 Likes

Any reason you chose to skip a cross gaurd on the bowie?

8 Likes

Joe-Bob, another cool old manual for the library. Cool.

You ever shot a 357 handgun. We hit the 100 yard go it. ANTIFA is a lot bigger than a 1 foot gong.
The levergun does not have that much more range, just holds more.

8 Likes

Claymore, maybe two…

8 Likes

only a 40 ft blast radius. Bouncing bettys are air burst

8 Likes