Possible Glock Rifle?

7 Likes

You going to buy and demonstrate the first one?

:grin:

5 Likes

If I had the money and connections…

6 Likes

In 50 years from now the new ones will look just like that one. lol

6 Likes

Yup, that’s why they chose an AR platform instead of pursuing innovation.

7 Likes

They had to go with the AR platform . The Russians beat them to making a rifle out of a 4x4 and a pipe . As in any commie rifles .

6 Likes

They are trying to win a government contract. They have to design something close to what was ask for.
If they released that to the public they would have a ton of sales just from the name Glock.

5 Likes

Even if the form factor and manual of arms is the same as the AR, it could be worth buying just for the reliability innovations they introduce. I’m curious what those might be.

6 Likes

This link will send you to Karl Markut’s patents on the rifle… if the rifle is real.

5 Likes

Thanks.
Having a few patents on adjustable gas blocks, it looks like they are thinking hard about either suppressors or tuning the recoil.

For reliability, the patent about a redesigned bolt and the new extraction unit sounds promising.

The ambi bolt catch sounds nice, I like competition for the BAD lever clones and the SCO15. So far, I think the simplicity of the SCO15 probably wins, but Glock might improve the ergonomics with their two-piece tactile design.

I’m not sure what to make of the accessory attachment system. It looks heavy. It might give easier access to the gas block adjustment, but I’m not sure the weight is worth it.

The firing pin safety and the new selector, I’m not sure if they actually add a feature that I’d rely on. If it is ultimately controlled by the safety switch, I think I’d still keep my HD gun in aircraft carry. It’s too easy for that selector to get caught on something and flip itself.

4 Likes