PPQ vs XD

I have not shot my Springfield XD in quite some time. This video gave me a reason to break it out and have a little fun.

12 Likes

PPQ is far superior ,imo. The SA is a generic Glock while the PPQ is smooth shooting pistol. Trigger and grip is just so nice on the Walther, its up there with HK , imo but lacks the aftermarket.

Just my 2 cents

9 Likes

I agree. I have fired several Walthers and they feel :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

@CloverTac. If you get a chance, try the CZ P10c. It might make you happy.

8 Likes

i have many time, they are pretty nice

8 Likes

Thats a nice pistol too, I like the compact version a lot. The trigger and grip are not as nice as the Walther but I have a gut feeling its more hardy.

9 Likes

I’m a PPQ lover as well. Back when all that was available for competition was the 5" Match PPQ I bought one. I don’t know if I would have purchased the steel version if it had existed back then. I would have been torn. Probably would have bought the Steel frame version though.

FWIW, I modify most of my firearms. My M&P I pretty much rebuilt. The PPQ I only changed trigger springs on. It was close to perfect right out of the box. It is also one of the 2 most accurate semi-auto handguns that I’ve ever had the pleasure to fire. The other one was a P210. Maybe I got lucky, but that’s just the way my PPQ shoots with my competition ammo.

8 Likes

Nice video @CloverTac. When using the rest why did you have the trigger guard of the PPQ pushed up against the rest, but not with the XD? I doubt it made any difference in results, rather just wondering if one fits differently in the rest versus the other? Does Ransom recommend one way or the other?

Makes more sense the other way around. I’m not an XD fan at all, but it is an improvement over Glock IMHO.

4 Likes

just the way it sit, the bag portion is just in one location, the ppq had a big extension and the xd didn’t, trigger guard is also longer on the ppq, , i don’t think that matter much if at all. but may have to pay attention to in the future because it might.

5 Likes

I think it’s all good: probably had little to no effect. I just wasn’t sure if the rest base pad was adjustable in some way. It’s a nice rest -though I do miss the “redneck rest” a little. You done moved uptown on us! :smiley:

4 Likes

I think they are rather close (never tried an XDm) except the SA had a slightly better trigger and an extra saftey. It still felt very much like a generic Glock or maybe an improved clone sort like the M&P.

Walther and HKs designs are generally more complex but also have better ergonomics , triggers and finishes such is the case here with the XD and Walther, in my opinion.

5 Likes

I have no issues with XDs but like Glock and the M&P they are sort of “meh” to me.

4 Likes

:arrow_up: I’m with you there.

4 Likes

i am not a M&P guy but to be fair, never really cared for any of the S&W centerfire auto loader offerings through the years

4 Likes