Practical Shooters of Central Alabama USPSA

This club puts together a very fun match. Stages were taken from the LoCap Nationals so they were not long stages but they were very fast. Complexity was minimal but it was there. I came in 7th overall out of 20. In the middle where i want to be. I made a lot of mistakes today so I’m very surprised I placed that high. I’ll probably shoot at this club again next month.

11 Likes

You are comfortably in the top half.

6 Likes

Upcoming Action Pistol match… One target, one round, end of stage. I think it’ll go pretty fast. Never saw this before. It’s obvious what’s being tested. It doesn’t get simpler than that.

7 Likes

Wow, 10 second penalties means taking an extra second is a good idea :grimacing:

7 Likes

The only problem with that solution is it’ll be noncompetitive. Unfortunately the distance isn’t shown. But I’d be willing to bet it’s not very far. But even if it is, it’s not a big deal for me since I shoot PCC, but some pistol shooters might have a problem. But it’s like that at all matches everywhere, some are better than others. I’m not all that good at action pistol. But this stage I shouldn’t have any problem with since it doesn’t require movement.

7 Likes

My kind of match. :grampa:

6 Likes

MAC82, have you even been to the Talladega gun club? I was invited to take part in the PCC/CO nationals that will be held there in the fall. But I declined. I have just enough stamina for a 5-6 stage local match and no more. I can’t remember how many stages the PCC/CO nationals are, 12-15(?). They’d be wheeling me out before I finished it.

But from what I’ve seen of the facility it’s really nice! It’s nice to have the shooters to support something like that. Anyway, just wonderin’ if you’d ever been there.

6 Likes

Not too far away, need to look into this. I tried competing in a NRA military rifle thing around Pcola once. Was using a FN-15 Military Collector M16. I thought that because I got expert on my weapons quals in the Army I’d be great, and I got ready by zeroing and preparing with the zeroing and paper qual targets I used in the Army. Not once did I google what it would be like, nor did I talk to anybody that had experience. Totally embarrassed myself lol. Well, this is my first post on this site, hope to see this site grow.

9 Likes

Hello @potatoMan would you mind going to introductions and telling us a little about yourself. Introductions - Full30

7 Likes

Head on over to the introductions @potatoMan and tell us more about yourself. If your interested in USPSA and are close to me i will gladly help you get addicted… i mean started in pistol comps

6 Likes

just tell it like it is, I didn’t even shoot my first visit, ran home, signed up geared up and went full blown junkie every week after pretty much until we moved

5 Likes

Shot the match USPSA match at Central Alabama Gun Club. I had to change the title from last month cuz I got the name wrong. It was a really fun match I came in 8th so above average for the day. I really like shooting this match cuz it’s on Saturdays and not Sundays. I shot in the old farts squad which suits me just fine. The old guys have more fun than the real serious guys in Squad 1. Next Saturday I’m going to shoot the match at Tallahassee Practical Shooters. I think @Festus is going to meet me there and shoot with me. I don’t plan on ranking very high next week. I have the nut chopping surgery on Wednesday but I’m gonna focus on shooting smooth not fast.

4 Likes

Stage 6 Texas Star had a broken mount so only 4 plates. my brother inlaw called it the Joe Biden texas star because it wasn’t all there.

7 Likes

I love the Texas star! I wish we would have it at every match, but we don’t.

5 Likes

I love them too. It is so much fun to clear one clean. I got that one clean and i had to shoot it different because of the -1 plate.

5 Likes

When we do have it I always try to prime the pump in a positive way by saying, “That’s going to be fun!”. I like to think it combats some of the groaning by other shooters, but I also mean it. But if folks have the basics of shooting down youtube is ones friend on seeing how to do it. Or they can watch you or me. That and staying calm and just making the shots. I think nerves are what screws folks up the most. The Texas Star makes me look good.

7 Likes

There is more than one way to clear it clean but the easiest is top left right left right. The way. i did it in the video works to buy a miss gets the thing spinning fast. I’m with you i celebrate the texas star to boost confidence. You ever shoot a Texas Long Bar?

5 Likes

https://www.challengetargets.com/product/CT-REVOLVER-R8.html

5 Likes

Texas long bar? Is that a plate rack? If so I think I shot it once last year.

I shoot the Star by starting on one side and letting the plates rotate into my sight. Your way is probably faster. Below is how I do it, but that’s not me.

7 Likes

That’s how i shot it yesterday. It depends on whether or not they add weights to the star. If it has weights i shoot it top left right left right. If done properly you can clear it before the weights drop and spin it really fast. Unweighted i like the wait for targets to come to your sights like yesterday.

5 Likes