Prescription Shooting Glasses

FYI: I got these at WalMart Vision Center for $120. They are OSHA rated and have anti-glare coating. Visual quality is very good, but not premium like my daily wear glasses. My local eye doctor wanted $300+ for a similar pair. These are good enough for USPSA and general range use.

12 Likes

Also, they have very flexible side arms, so they conform great when wearing full ear muffs.

8 Likes

Omg, this is a thing? Prescription eye pro? Do they have sunglasses or transition lenses available?

7 Likes

Yes, I bought these polarized Rx sunglasses for $150 last summer. I’m not sure what they offer for transition lenses.

7 Likes

Been getting them for work for years at Sams Club. Best deal around IMHO

7 Likes

If you have the script try googles4u.com. before I had my catracts fixed I had prescription sunglasses with progressive lens for less than $100.00. I also had untinted glasses from them. Most of my family uses them. Usually takes about a week.

7 Likes

And if you are making just shooting glasses have the doc set them where you can read a business card at arm’s length. That lets you see your iron sights on your handgun.

7 Likes

I know guys that would love this info. Thank you! Seriously there are some guys at work always complaining about the price of prescription safety glasses. Thanks man.

6 Likes

Glad to help @Joe. I’ve been looking at Rx glasses for a while. I found several online stores, but prices usually run $200 to $300 or more. The base prices always seem low, but the cost skyrockets after you start adding options (anti-glare, UV, etc). My WalMart glasses have anti-glare, UV coating, and thin/lightweight lens option. It was a great deal compared to the online options I found.

Also, it was nice to get them locally. I was able to try on several different pairs and the technicians took the proper measurements to ensure the best fit. That’s not possible when buying stuff online. I’m not a fan of Walmart in general, but I’m happy with their vision services.

6 Likes

I got these from SSPeyeware, I love them

They fit right up tight to my face

8 Likes

Hey, watch where you’re pointing that thing!! :face_with_head_bandage:

7 Likes

I’ve been putting up with glasses too long, thinking of laser eye surgery. It’s just one more thing that may or may not line up when I bring up my rifle. And if I have to go hand-to-hand, it’s a vulnerability I’d rather not have, since they fall off all the time.

6 Likes

Any problem with fogging with the Methow Rx adapter?

I wish I could even think about going hand to hand today (It’s a nonstarter). If I run out of ammo I’ve really screwed up, and had better become very flexible 'cause I’ll be kissing my ass goodbye.

5 Likes