Presidential candidates reveal their 2A hostility

That’s the problem John. They are all talk. Their actions speak more than their words. They are just as responsible for gun control as democrats and in some cases worse. They are a large amount of republicans supporting bump stock bans and red flag laws. The latter being against more than one amendment.

3 Likes

@Chuparosa

Well, talking and voting (in session), is pretty much what politicians do. Seriously, though the red flag laws are (1) unusually bad laws (they should put some very serious controls in them, at the least, which I have not heard of them doing, yet) and (2) are the “in” thing for both sides to vote for (which may mean they don’t get discussed and fixed in advance. Regarding the bump stock laws - sort of like the above, one of those ‘rush’ jobs that little thought is being used in their passage and the ‘in’ thing to vote for.

I think our best real solution(s) to the above will come sometime after these laws all get in place and we get to see what real damage they do. Then, change will come.

3 Likes

I like your optimism but unfortunately in this case I don’t see this as something that will ever get walked back. I always try to be glass half full, but only if I believe there is a positive outcome. Passing red flag laws is never a positive outcome. It’ll never be overturned and we will be stuck with it for the rest of our lives or until we take the country back. This is a thing built from emotion and not logic and it seems so many Americans are so brainwashed or lacking in mental capacity to understand what the real effects of these are. Especially when they are spoon fed from the main stream and social media.

3 Likes

@Chuparosa

Unfortunately, I believe it will lead to a number of deaths, which will give private lawyers and families enough to complain about against the government that (at least some of) the red flag laws will be either watered down or removed.

I don’t see much hope for the bump stock laws, though.

3 Likes

The bump stock ban was not a law passed by congress. It was not a law voted on. Just a rule some bureaucrat wrote up. This is a large part of the problem. Bureaucrats make rules but are not accountable to the public. You can’t vote the bureaucrats out.

5 Likes

@shooterrex

Do you think how the bump stock law(?) came into being will affect whether it will be rescinded? I don’t know, but I do believe it is here to stay.

2 Likes

I remember first reading about “red flag” laws about a year or two ago from the conservative-leaning National Review. Back then, few states had them, and they were called Gun Violence Restraining Orders, GRVOs. Ironically, they were, and appear to be now, supported by many in both political parties, Republicans and Democrats. Anyway, here’s that article I spoke of:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/02/gun-control-republicans-consider-grvo/

4 Likes

I don’t think it will hold up in court. 4th amendment issues. I also saw where the ban didn’t follow the proper procedure for those kind of rules and had a good chance of being nullified because of that. Still will probably be years before this is settled in court.

5 Likes

@shooterrex

Thanks for the details.

Wish us all good luck on these issues!

3 Likes