The other day I saw an amazing football game:
1) The player’s hair fit under their helmets.
2) No tattoos could be seen.
3) There were no outlandish end zone celebrations.
4) There was no taunting.
5) Opposition players helped each other up after a play.
6) Footballs were not spiked or left for the referee to retrieve; they were handed to the referee.
7) No one took a knee on the sidelines.
8) Players stood at attention during the playing of the national anthem.
9) It’s great to watch an Army - Navy game. And they are willing to die for each other as well as the rest of the nation!
As I was reading that I thought you were describing my local Friday night High School football game, until I got to number 9 cool post Lone Wolf!
The Army-Navy Game is in reality what kind of behavior I think most of us would applaud. The game isn’t bad either, of course none of the players will be handed multimillion dollar contracts, but instead plan for service to our USA, us. Thank You, sir.
Thanks for your post. So refreshing to hear about such good, respectful behavior.