Rainy Day Stash....

https://www.outdoorhub.com/amp/index.php/will-always-adequate-ammo-favorite-handgun-caliber

11 Likes

Now more than ever.

8 Likes

Probably said this before, But I used to tell people on a variety of forums to stay stocked, especially if you shoot a lot. I believe you cannot own too much ammo or reloading supplies, but every time we have a shooting all the so called gun owners and shooters go into a panic trying to find ammo. Now is the time to buy, prices are as cheap as you will probably ever see again. My local Walmartā€™s ammo cabinet was almost empty about 2 weeks ago after Walmart announcement, people were buying all types of ammo not just pistol and AR/AK ammo, which is a good thing, but some of them were making nasty comments to the Walmart people about Walmart no longer selling guns and ammo, the one clerk said it 3 times to one guy, Walmart did not quit selling guns and ammo, only pistol ammo and so called assault rifle ammoā€¦and the guy said, your wrong I saw where they were going to quit selling all guns and ammoā€¦after clerk told him 3rd time I spoke up and told the guy to calm down, Walmart will still sale guns and ammo, come back in two weeks and they will have cabinet full of both, clerk looked at me and gave that, thanks for the help lookā€¦

5 Likes

I have only been in Wal Mart once in since they turned their backs on gun owners. I will buy what I need at other stores or on line . The only thing I got when I went there was a prescription I payed my copay and that is all and I am moving it to a independent drug store. So I guess I donā€™t care what Wal Mart sells anymore they have lost me forever.

5 Likes

10mm and .357Sig are on my ā€˜currently building up a stashā€™ list. Only a few hundred of each, so far. Unfortunately, they are not the only calibers on that list.

3 Likes

Lee reloading stuff is cheap, if you buy even the hand kits for your most important gear and you can be stable if ammo gets questionable.

3 Likes

Bi Mart has better prices than Wal Mart anywaysā€¦or they did. I order mine online from several drug lords in South America.

2 Likes

Just make sure youā€™re well stocked on all your components. Last panic we had here left us with no powder, no primers and very few choices on projectiles.

4 Likes

Itā€™s too bad about Bi-Mart.
Unless you live in Washington state or Idaho, there ainā€™t any.
Checking their stores, they have plenty of the kind of things Walmart used to carry, but donā€™t anymore.
Oh well.

3 Likes

Back in the early 1990s there was a serious shortage of everything, factory ammo as well as reloading components.
It was caused mostly by shooters over reacting to the Clinton bans and expected results by us.
Yup, folks getting all excited and ā€œstacking it high.ā€
Just a thought.

2 Likes

They are in Oregon too and I think I seen one in Utah when I was up thereā€¦could be wrong on that.

1 Like

https://www.bimart.com/our-locations

3 Likes

Guess that wasnt bi mart I went to.

1 Like

I am already branded as most of us are, You just have to keep a stash some where elseā€¦a small storage unit can be had for 40-50 bucks a monthā€¦find one close to you and get a good lockable container, the pickup bed contractor tool boxes are a good option and you can make it so it cannot be removed from storage unit, once you get the box you can drill holes in it for bolts, get some 2inch or so angle iron and bolt the angle iron to the box after you put in storage unit so the angle iron will catch the storage unit supports, it will take angle iron going in at least 3 directions to make it so it cannot be removed, naturally you will need to put double nuts on inside of box so bolts canā€™t be removed, it would then take a cutting torch or a grinder and some time before anyone could steal itā€¦

3 Likes

I was trying to picture what you are describing here; I think you lost me.
How is it not removable? Its not bolted to the floor is it?

Ammo is a weak point for me. I guess because I donā€™t shoot much, I just donā€™t buy ammo. I need to work on this, I just have so much on my plate and so many projects that need money and attention. Sadly, MSM does make out a couple hundred rounds as a ā€œcacheā€ of ammo. I donā€™t think non gun people realize that this is simply a couple of boxes. That would be like telling people they shouldnā€™t do grocery shopping or buying more food than what they need for one meal.

3 Likes

think of it as a steel spiderā€¦if the metal legs are bolted to box and those legs will catch the beams inside of building then you can get it out, or if the legs are longer than the door opening, most doors on storage units have a smaller opening than the actual unitā€¦naturally you would have to take measurements so you could make the legs correct lengthā€¦and you have to have vertical and horizontal legsā€¦

3 Likes

Oh, OK. I guess I was picturing some giant storage unit, but this would be for a smaller unit or at least one with a smaller door.

2 Likes

correct, if you just wanted an off site ammo hideaway away from your home.

4 Likes

@rjburk

In Florida, I looked at the public storage units and they all said that they did not allow guns, ammo, or any kind of explosives. If the rules are the same where you are, wouldnā€™t you be taking a big chance that the management of the storage facility might find out and take steps to enforce their rules?

2 Likes

You can keep that stuff in storage units here in Oregon, Ive done it before. I even asked first.

4 Likes