Rainy Day Stash....

Do you really think people obey those rules ? They would have no reason to search if you are discreet in using the unit…and keep it to yourself…no one else needs to know you even have a storage unit…I have used them for years…guns, ammo, reloading stuff…

5 Likes

I’ve said it a thousand times
Buy it cheap stack it deep

Don’t nickel and dime and buy by the box
I buy by the case and have forever

Now is the time to buy
I eve the election kicks up prices will start going through the roof

6 Likes

:+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

@rjburk

You pay your money, you take your chances. Good luck!

3 Likes

That is true of most things…

3 Likes

It’s easy to get carried away stocking more stuff than we need.
Food and water seem to me to be more important than ammo.
How much ammo does one really need?
If it’s more than what can be easily moved, it’s probably more likely to be abandoned than used for anything.
Unless you’re supplying an army, how much ammo do you really need?
100-500 rounds per weapon?
Just a thought.

3 Likes

A ‘fifty cal’ ammo can will hold about 1,000 rounds of 5.56mm.

It’s easy to think of things in those terms. That size can is the most popular, because it is small enough to be easily moved around and isn’t too heavy to be moved when fully loaded with ammo.

3 Likes

Needs would depend on what youre prepping for and on what your AO looks like. 100 rounds isnt even a loadout, imo. I like 5k minimum for my most used pistol and rifle and 1k for everything else ,not including .22 LR. How much ammo a person can easily move is dependent on how much they can lift but in general filling up some 50 cal ammo cans keeps it fairly portable and can make several thousand rounds fairly accessible. Its about being prepared and having just a few hundred rounds to grab and go is not my idea of being prepared, to each their own though…Murica and shit

If someone is really thinking like a prepper than having a few caches of at least few hundred rounds is also a good idea.

4 Likes

Anybody thats actually lived in a bad neighborhood knows what types of people you will be having to deal with. With no free handouts or no stability it becomes a dog eat dog world. Just look to several more modern examples of shtf (Argentina for example).

3 Likes

Yeah, in a case of civil unrest, YOU’RE going to want a lot more than a hundred rounds

5 Likes

I like this guys blog. I always post it when survival stuff comes up. He lived through shtf for 5 years after the economic collapse in Argentina. According to him it was mostly a bartering system, no electricity and the gang bangers do keep acting like gang bangers after shtf. His book on surving Argentina dosnt read like a combat focused book but its definitly something that happens quite often afterall wolves prey on the weak. Water, Beans, Bullets and Band aids.

3 Likes

So…you guys are saying my 2 20 round boxes is not enough?

4 Likes

No but those barrels full of surplus ammo will, you aint fooling anyone Burt Gummer…

5 Likes

Tell me this dosnt look like ol’ @Belt-Fed ? Maybe its just the 10 thousand dollar firearm and the mustache…

3 Likes

Nah, his hair ain’t long enough. or grey enough.

3 Likes

That movie is prolly 20 years old… what did you look like 20 years ago? …nevermind… @LonewolfMcQuade told me you were a tranny and a cover singer for the village people.

3 Likes

He’s also a midget black woman

3 Likes

Ive got a meme for that somewhere.

Theres also this pic of him though, he supposedly was a real macho man back in his day

3 Likes

That does look like one of the photos he posted along with his old motorcycle about 30 years back…

3 Likes

Don’t make me ban you two AGAIN.

4 Likes