Ramblings

Dedicated to Elmer Keith, John Taffin, Skeeter Skelton, Bill Jordan, probably forgetting a bunch, and all the sixguners back to the origins of the sixgun.

Skeeters last Sixgun courtesy of John Taffin

12 Likes

Nice, whats the handle made of?

9 Likes

Not sure. I’ll ask Sixgunner next time I talk to him.

10 Likes

Wonder how much time I have reading the words of the men on that list, not enough for sure.

9 Likes

I was lucky enough to inherit Sixguns.com (a long time ago), has a lot of good writers on a lot of good subjects and about10 000 photos of sixguns, leather, 1911s, and a few rifles.

Anyway, have a forum attached to the site but it just isn’t working for me so keeping the static Sixguns website and domain and going to let the forum go.
Any one who wants to talk Sixguns can come on over here!

John Taffin 1967

10 Likes

Elmer Keith’s Stetson and 44 Special

11 Likes

4 of Elmer’s 44s

10 Likes

10 Likes

10 Likes

10 Likes

Your site has tremendous history, don’t know why you’ve been hiding it from us :hugs:

Anyhow the jig is up, tell all your people

9 Likes

Morrison a sixgun guy? Probably a good thing he wasn’t, wouldn’t have lasted as long as he did!

8 Likes

Taffin still writes for Handgunner and Guns magazines. He is a very good writer even if he is obsessed with .44 specials.

Blockquote

6 Likes

9 Likes
8 Likes

I for one get the 44 thing. Thinking more in lines of a 44 Rem Mag though. That way I can shoot either, and especially to be able to shoot the mag boolits in Griz country.

To pair with it lever action. Really want a Big Horn lever in it, but it’s not one of their chamberings. Regreted the the 336 octo loan to my brother who had it stolen. So if I can find find one of these I would be happy.

Screenshot_20210801-132418_DuckDuckGo

If not I guess I will ‘settle’ for a Henry Big Boy. :cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes

I own a Smith & Wesson 44 mag . It has its uses . As far as 44 specials they are eazy on you to shoot but I just think for personal defence there are alot more calibers out that offer just as much if not more .

7 Likes

Interesting rig.
Pointy bullets not typical for Elmer, maybe designed for quick reloads?

7 Likes

Sweet shot!

6 Likes

Custom Ruger Bisley by Gary Reeder in .357 Magnum and .356 GNR

6 Likes