Range Rugers

Pretty quiet last couple days. Here are some photos of a few of my everyday shooters. Maybe start a conversation.

Late 50’s Blackhawk Flattop 44 mag.

Mid 60’s Super Blackhawk 44 mag

Single six 22. Early new model, re-blued barrel at some point. May be a parkerize project in the future.

Packin Pistol, 60’s Blackhawk 45 Colt (convertible ACP)

The old 3 screw Rugers have fantastic triggers from use, wear, maybe started that way, who knows. The flat top had a action job at one point I’m pretty sure but they all are great shooters.

8 Likes

Or they were anyway before the boating accident…

7 Likes

I’m glad, Al, that you can share your collection through the magic of photography. I do wish I had something worthy of these standards, alas, I do not. Working guns wind up like working men, well worn and well scarred.
It’s pretty hard to beat stainless steel for sheer resistance to the elements, but there is something just irreplaceable about a quality blue.
I’ve always wanted a Flattop 44, ever since I saw one with a custom brass grip frame and trigger guard, barrel cut down to 5 1/2". Even a working man can dream.

8 Likes

I agree, newer guns can run SS just fine, but classics need to remain classic

Like how people put 20" wheels on classic cars :nauseated_face:

When they need a set of Cragars :yep:

7 Likes

Bonus don’t have to clean them if I only take a photo. Just wipe off my greasy fingerprints. Ruger 3 screws were gun show bargains 25+ years ago, wish I had grabbed more.

Copy that. I’m from the Cragar / American Racing era, Baby Moons on a Chevy van…

6 Likes

Seems like the bargains started around the time tupperware guns became popular. Maybe folks trading in their sixshooters for glocks.

5 Likes

How about Tiger Paws?

4 Likes

I really like SS 1911s with beaver tails and non spur hammers, sometimes the classics really are obsolete.

20" rims on cars are ugly though, life sized hot wheels in general are abominations especially the modern Camaros and Challengers.

4 Likes

Are you calling 1911’s obsolete?

4 Likes

Only the 1911s with the same specs and features as the pistols from 1911.

3 Likes

The design is dated but still holds its own imo.

3 Likes

That is so wrong on so many levels… :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Not really or not to me , a number of improvements have made it a better pistol from improved metallurgy to opening the ejection port to improved sights etc etc. Really putting nostalgia aside modern 1911s do everything better.

4 Likes

I have shot Wilson combat, Les Baer,Nighthawk etc 1911s and USGI 1911s, the former is superior in everyway

4 Likes

Not to mention the damn spur hammer that bites when you grip it high.

4 Likes

Sacrilege!
Agree Nighthawk and other custom pistols are superior in some/ many? / all? ways to original 1911’s but don’t agree that makes the originals obsolete.

4 Likes

At least you didn’t call my sixguns obsolete. Get banned for life for something like that.

5 Likes

Fair enough. I need to post something to liven the place up though.

4 Likes

They make up for it by shooting stout rounds and lasting forever :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

I hear the 2011 is an even further improved 1911 design although I have no experience with them

4 Likes