Reactive splatter targets

I’m running dangerously low on targets, time to reorder. I really like the reactive type targets but they cost quite a bit more than standard paper targets. I think I’ll do what I always do order an equal amount of each. What are the full30

members preference for targets?

4 Likes

I like the shoot n see targets, but you are correct, they’re pricey! That’s why I usually use white paper or Styrofoam plates. I have seen some DIY vids on how to make your own splatter targets cheaply, but sometimes I fall under the lazy bastard category & haven’t tried it yet.

3 Likes

Lone Wolf I’ve been thinking about looking into making my own as well.

4 Likes

I use a variety of targets. Shapes, styles, sizes - all vary.

Not sure which is better to do, but that is what I do.

5 Likes

For what ever the reason, my dad used to buy the white pizza boxes from local pizzeria & cut them to his liking. He did some strange shit sometimes! Lol

5 Likes

Your Dad was being a smart and resourceful guy!

Thanks for the tip. Now, I know a new way to save money on targets!

4 Likes

This, im a cheap lazy bastard too. When I show a new shooter how to shoot I use splatter targets …or pop bottles full of water if im feeling cheap.

2 Likes

Splatter targets are great. Saves a lot of time walking back and forth. It really depends on what kind of shooting you are doing and if you have high power optics or a good spotting scope
I personally use scrap paper and cardboard for precision targets. Either shoot the cold bore and work off of using that impact hole as your POI, use a sharpie, poke holes in it with a screwdriver, or use 3 ring binder/yard sale stickers. The stickers are 99 cents or less and you hundreds of targets.

3 Likes
6 Likes

We use mostly dirty bird or shoot n c. Once we get our country property it’ll be steel mostly.

6 Likes

Cheap targets, by the 100’s on Amazon
A good spotting scope.

5 Likes

Outside I use steel, if I’m shooting for groups I use paper plates. The wax film on the paper plate helps prevent them from tearing. In doors I just use shoot-n-see targets.

5 Likes

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say the best reactive targets that would splatter now are the protesters.

6 Likes

I f things keep going the way they are. I think your right.

6 Likes

When I want to use a target, I buy the 8" Caldwell orange peel in bulk on Amazon. Last time it was about 33-cents each. I just don’t think I have the time and patience to engage in the arts and crafts necessary to make my own. That’s less time spent shooting. :frowning:

Most times I shoot old boxes and plastic water bottles full of water. I have a natural waterway in my backyard so the water to fill them is free. I’m sure the guy who picks up my recycling knows what’s up.

“Sometimes”? :thinking:

8 Likes

I’d respond in detail but…I’m too lazy…

7 Likes

Nuff said. And I’m not hatin’ on you in any way -birds of a feather. :rofl:

8 Likes

YEAH BUDDY!!
My feelings exactly!

6 Likes

7 Likes