Ready reloads

Having ammo is a great idea … but having preloaded mags available is a must. These are in the safe because we went on a trip… usually they are hiding in areas around the house for me to access in an emergency

10 Likes

You should watch some YT videos on how easily safes are broken into, much faster target for a thief vs searching

Look up your model, be prepared for tears

8 Likes

Can confirm, additionally these cheap “security” cabinets are even easier but lull folks into a false sense of security

7 Likes

I’ve decided to not drop money into a safe for ammo and weapons for that reason - deadbolt on a walk in closet may be helpful to keep kids out or somethin

7 Likes

I just use a low dollar “security cabinet”, most of my guns are hanging in racks or hidden around the house. If I had kids, it would be different but the house is secure, an old lady next door that watches my house like it was TV, and my dog scares people even if she won’t bite (she’s getting back up soon) and it is a very low crime area and someone is home most of the time. If we were to go away for a while, we go with offsite storage. Anyone can break into a safe with enough time.

6 Likes

Does 250 round belts hangin on hooks count.

7 Likes

yes, and they are scary so nobody will steal them. Just the sight of them will have any would be thief running out the door

6 Likes

Safes are only easy to break into if they can get at the sides of them. Put lots of stuff in the way so that moving it to get to the safe is almost impossible. The safe needs a place that it’s shoehorned into. That’s if they can get past the killer dogs.

7 Likes

I’ll try to get a picture of it but I recessed mine into the wall mounted to the studs… I have security bars on all of the windows and a very robust security system that I installed… I did physical security/counterterrorism and countersurveillance for the department of defense after I retired soooo I already kind of knew

6 Likes

Plus… I work from home and very rarely am I away from the house. It’s simply a delay since the security system will alert the police

6 Likes

7 Likes

And he filled out a form stating that he wasn’t a drug user! Hah! That entire family is nothing but feces! The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree does it?

6 Likes

Oh but his other son (the dead one) is a war hero… :roll_eyes:
That man sickens me

6 Likes

Compared to the others in that family the soldier might have been a saint. But that’s only in comparison to the pieces of societal feces that make up that family. And I apologize to the other pieces of societies feces for dragging them down to a new low.

Edited for clarity.

6 Likes

My daughter has grown up just like I did with loaded guns strategy placed around the house once she was old enough to understand not to touch… my father was the head corrections officer for our county and was constantly being threatened. We were shown where the guns all were located and how to use them all. He even had a S&W agent 38 that he had mounted a holster for under his place at the kitchen table so he had a pistol available while reading the paper. He didn’t like carrying around the house because it made his back hurt so he just set up the house so that anywhere he was in the house he was pretty much in reach of a loaded firearm. We had a sign on all the doors that read “this door you are about to kick in is locked for your protection, not ours.”

7 Likes

:rofl: :joy:

The kids’ part was meant for those to young to understand, I agree with you, I always had access to firearms as a kid and never hurt until I was much older and they needed to be hurt. Sounds like your Dad had it figured out. I have a .357 on a magnet under my desk,

5 Likes

Great idea. I preach the same word.

5 Likes