Reality of hunting after SHTF

To survive?

3 Likes

Why?

I would like to survive but I am not afraid to die. I know that my true home is with God. I would not hesitate to defend me and mine with lethal force but I would not resort to victimizing others just to survive.

10 Likes

That makes sense, each person has to decide their own limits.

9 Likes

Oh manā€¦ that comment about the other white meat.
:grin::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Yep, my dad witnessed that in Africaā€¦ during Operation Dragon Rouge.
The current animal population would last maybe 6 months here in the lower 48ā€¦ unless you consider cats and dogs are part of that equation. (I do)
Once again why a suppressed .22 LR should be part of a SHTF scenario. Hhahahaa small game (up to deer) and I can pack a LOT of ammoā€¦

3 Likes

first place Iā€™m going, the zoo! Going to the bird aviary. I hear spotted owl is delectable! although, Iā€™m starting to have a craving for buffalo-style Flamingo wingsā€¦

7 Likes

Iā€‹:grin::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::joy::+1:

3 Likes

I can FINALLY hang out THAT shingle; The Road Kill Cafe !

Went back to childhood and probably the most instructive years, for current shooting skills; air rifle in .22.

Man, those Daisy 880s we learned on were cool. These Gamo Stalker series .22s are crazy fun! Little shot signature, crazy accuracy, a tin of pellets is cheap!

In town the turkey flocks have gotten HUGE, but nobody knows how to process them anymore.

Sign on front of our house says ā€œTrespassers will be compostedā€. Maybe thatā€™s why we got no trick or treaters?

5 Likes

Within weeks all but the high country wildlife will still be alive.
After WWII Europe had to import livestock and pets, there were NONE left.

Just read an account of a town in east Europe where they ate their children.

8 Likes

Yep Iā€™ll only eat mexi when Iā€™m absolutely starving.

5 Likes

Bump - #2021

4 Likes

I can see the tweety bird and the really small game population being on the menu. Larger game wonā€™t last long.

Not only canning should be a known skill, but right now food processing salt is cheap and readily accessible in farm supply stores. A few 50# sacks stored away will take care of a lot of meat. (3% salt by weight)

Too, canned meats and fish are on the sā€™market shelf again. Time to stock up if you havenā€™t yet.

I have to laugh at folks who think theyā€™re going to survive by the law of the jungle. Right! That might work for a very short time until people wise up (once) and realize that the rules once played by are no longer in force. Then they just become vermin just like any other vermin.

11 Likes

The left is trying to turn the U.S. into Venezuela so why not look to them to see where we are headed? I bet they also have a better ratio of animals to humans

11 Likes

Ya donā€™t want to live anywhere near @LonewolfMcQuade

he got all them dead animals on the wall lookin at him. probably be all dead in short order around him.

10 Likes

Mr. Ed with a side of onion rings, how bad could it be?

11 Likes

Nah, heā€™ll be munching down on some groundhog soon enough.

11 Likes

Usually not much left after a 3600fps 85gr ballistic tip kisses them lol

13 Likes

Yuck! Disgusting animals. I tried to dress one out many years ago. It had things crawling all over it that jumped onto me. I gave up. Iā€™d really need to be starving and maybe not even then.

11 Likes

Whatā€™s food processing salt as opposed to just salt? Just curious.

I have a bunch of kosher salt put away - not 50 # worth. I also have nitrate. So I can cure stuff. Or can it.

9 Likes

Its still NaCl, but itā€™s fine like table salt and not like rock salt, comes in a 50# sack and is quite inexpensive. Itā€™s been years since I bought any but last time I did it was something like $1/10#. It also has no additives, itā€™s just salt.

10 Likes

@LonewolfMcQuade

.25-06 ?

9 Likes