Rear sight cut

@Mosinvirus on another forum it was noticed on one of your videos where you did a sight cut it looks like you came out forward of the firing pin stop. You may have explained in the video but I didn’t catch it. Long time ago, but do you remember the particulars?

9 Likes

If that is the one where I filed the sight cut by hand, the easiest explanation is that a mistake in layout was made.

10 Likes

Boy it happens! Layout is layout, get a DRO with 0.00001" accuracy and when you make a mistake you know exactly by how much, but it’s still a mistake. Nice work with the files, anyway. I go back and watch your videos over when I have time, pick up something new every time. Thanks again.

9 Likes

I wish I remembered at what point I realized it. I remember realizing it before I was done, but still that point it was already too late.

8 Likes

So far in 4 or so 1911s and a bunch of AR’s, only screwed up one 1911 frame, needed to take .006 off the width of the rails, divide by 2, and cut .030 off ea side. Should have been obvious. Now it’s a practice frame and a reminder to pay better attention to the decimal.

7 Likes

Lol. Happens.

7 Likes