Reasons to own a Wheel Gun

8 Likes

I’ve had quite a few but never really loved them, ran a J model once at a bug match, you were only scored for five rounds so why not, lol, I could not keep from trying to squeeze more shots out of it, click click click, oh yeah, duh

7 Likes

:rofl: as long as ya didnt flinch … then its good dry fire practice

6 Likes

Why, this is easy, so even the Mrs can have fun varmint huntin, and never have to leave the pond D.

7 Likes

I cringe every time I see someone blow on a gun barrel…

Many yrs. Ago when I was a older teen . There was a Man Terry Cunningham and his 2 sons practicing with muzzleloaders and shooting some times together .
On one of these particular times one son noticed he did not hear the report from his Dads gun. However the Dad promptly took the gun brought it up to his mouth and said see its still smokin’ blew the smoke at which time it went off. It shot Terry directly in the face killing him instantly in front of his 2 young boys . One went :crazy_face: crazy and the other became a drug addict. I never blow on barrels ever ever ever.

6 Likes

Been blowing down the black powder tube since the 70s.
Its the cool factor as the smoke rings above the pan.

5 Likes

For heaven sakes be careful

5 Likes

No need. After the ball and cloth go down range. embers get blown out the hole with the smoke. I dont do everything for meow.
Well, yes I do.

5 Likes

Well, I think the big mistake was shooting at the same time as his sons muzzle loader he heard his sons thought it was his but it wasnt his .

5 Likes

Even just fired or emptied, I know it may seem excessive, but I still check every one, every time. Taught early, it lasted, never point one at anything you wouldn’t destroy. Still can’t belly carry, even a wheelie.

5 Likes

:rofl:

5 Likes

Now my hunting revolver I carry across the chest the barrel lays horizontal. I definitely see the problem with vertical belly carry …lol although I do have a transfer bar safety which makes me feel completely safe carrying it that way.

6 Likes

All of my hunting handguns (all single shots) are carried that way. They’re handcannons and it’s really the best way to carry the weight and mass.

6 Likes

Yes that is the reason I carry it that way … now as strange as this may sound it I have to traverse an extremely rocky area. I stop. Then take off my chest holster stuff the whole thing in my back pack and then climb then when I have made it to good footing territory . I stop. Toss it back on and keep going.
I dont know if ya ever slipped forward while going up a steep place but , one unfortunately well placed rock to the scope or reddot and your hunt is toast.
This very thing happened to me with a reddot quite a few years ago. I was totally bummed out.

7 Likes