Regard Gen4 VS Beretta 92FS... You Knew This Was Coming

I am pretty impressed with this Girsan Regard, it certainly can hold it’s own against a true Beretta. I am also liking this Ransom Stead Rest, being able to rest in offhand from a tripod is pretty cool.

10 Likes

I thought the closer chrono speeds would translate to tighter groups.

8 Likes

I was observing the triggers when you were shooting and it’s visible how different they are. I think I would say the Beretta lost this one.

7 Likes

yeah, the ones that wins the chrono data test seldom seems to actually perform much better if any, weird

8 Likes

well, yeah, taking that trigger and especially the cost into consideration, for sure. i own several beretta models, including a 92x and this cheap girsan is better, it is interesting. but then again, you gotta take into consideration who is doing the shooting. i am used to competition trigger, short pulls, light weight, solid wall, short reset. so a firearm with a trigger outside that is subject to some human error for sure, doesn’t necessarily mean it is worse.

9 Likes

I’m a trigger fan. That’s why I like Sigs and H&K’s so much. A trigger can make a huge difference.

7 Likes

SAY IT AINT SOOOOOO!!!
Hovers over my 92FS and pets it…
“My precious!”

9 Likes

The Beretta 92 is such a nice looking gun, It is an underappreciated firearm,imo. I hear a lot of vets detest them for some reason though.

8 Likes

I put my life on mine. I still keep one in every room of the house.

10 Likes

Any idea why it received flak from some servicemen?

8 Likes

Early models had issues, some units poorly maintained weapons. Some soldiers have small paws. Its not a one size fits all weapon by any means.
One of my early evaluations I talk about this… its a common problem for some people with smaller hands.

9 Likes

not a big Sig guy but love the HK though i sadly have never dropped the money for one

10 Likes

i can’t speak to the military side of things, was never in. but i can say that many people have expressed the flaw in the 92 design from beretta was the barrel and locking block design. now, i have never had an issue with any of my berettas so can’t say either way. all that said, interestingly enough, the barrel/lug/locking block on the girsan is the ONLY thing i have found so far to be different. @Joe-Bob @Sarge4206th so maybe they tried to address that issue up front?

10 Likes

I didn’t like AR’s because I was an 11B in the Army. I bought my wife an AR and it never jammed like those M-4’s did. I changed my mind.

9 Likes

government = lowest bidder, maybe something to do with that? lol

10 Likes

:thinking:
I keep hearing about this pistol. May need to pick one up just because. Add to my collection

6 Likes

at this point, i can definitely tell you it is worth the money for sure, should be able to find them cheaper than a taurus… only had this one a few months so longevity is unknown, but by all accounts is built just as well as a beretta or taurus so shouldn’t be any issues.

7 Likes

I have slowly picked up different Beretta models over the years. Have a Taurus, that was my first 9mm pistol! Sold my original when I found an original SS Beretta, but I have since picked one up again.
I think I have like 8 different Beretta units now? Something like that.

8 Likes

same here, have always loved the design of the 92/96 stuff, even the cheetah line

8 Likes

Oh yeah… i have had a 84 off and on. I want one again. Still have my 21 too. I shoot them well. I have converted nearly all of mine to G models. Including my 92S…

8 Likes