Remington class action lawsuit

4 Likes

I’ve never had an issue with my Remington 700 but I might send in for repair anyways. After deer season of course.

1 Like

This is a HUGE deal… to check your trigger, the release for the bolt will have a dimple in it. Very clearly marked. If it doesn’t, replace it. It is a MAJOR issue with accidental discharges.

1 Like

I know it’s a problem but I rely on the saftey between my ear not on a machine. When I hunt I dont close the bolt all the way until Im ready to take a deer walking to my stand. When I climb up the stand my bolt rests open. Is there specific years this includes or is it all 700s?

1 Like

It effects all Remington 700s from “possibly” before 1948 to I think 2014 when they switched trigger mechanisms. They are only warranting fir a few years back though. It is only good for 18 months as well.
But here is the issue… on certain occasions, you can load the rifle, place it on safe. When either opening the bolt or taking the weapon off safe, the firearm discharges. No amount of safety between your ears can account for that. Remington lost the lawsuit and now has to fix 100s of thousands of firearms… there is more on the subject online.

1 Like

I built my long distance calling card form a 1986 model 700. All that is stock is the receiver, bolt housing, and trigger assy. I later added the new style safety, but then I never have used either one. Its never gone off when it was not to.
The only reason I even changed the safety was because the little thumb lever knob broke one day.

1 Like

I would NEVER run a factory Remington trigger.

I first hand witnessed a 700 go off without pulling the trigger, never owned one and have no plans to even with the recall and fix…too may other rifles these days IMO that are better…

3 Likes

DAMNIT! Mine’s got the recall. Guessing they aren’t paying me the labor to strip all my shit off and put it back on, either. And I kinda liked this trigger.

4 Likes

You have never shot mine. Tuned to perfection

1 Like

It has to do with safety… not how they feel. They were designed as a competition trigger back in the day. The designer warned Remington it was not a trigger to be released to the public because of safety issues.

2 Likes