Report: Las Vegas professor shot himself in arm to protest Trump, while on school grounds, is now facing felony gun charges

A longtime College of Southern Nevada sociology professor is facing felony gun charges in connection with an on-campus shooting on the second day of classes.

Mark J. Bird was charged last month with discharging a gun within a prohibited structure, carrying a concealed weapon without a permit and possessing a dangerous weapon on school property, court records show.

Another number to add to the “school shootings” statistic.

One college employee told police that he held Bird’s hand to calm him down as others tried to stop the bleeding. While waiting for authorities to arrive, Bird said he had shot himself in protest of President Donald Trump, police noted in their report. The report did not elaborate.

So many questions… why the gun? Is gun violence related to the “protest” somehow? Or is it just Trump? Did he vote during the previous election cycle? Did he think this “protest” would change anyone’s mind about anything?

10 Likes

The anti-gunners would be happy about that because it would pad the “school shootings” numbers.

8 Likes

Just goes to show that unstable college professors are a real problem.

8 Likes

I’m i the only one that finds this funny?
I always thought the phrase “a shot in the arm” was a good thing.
Clearly a wonderful guy to leave $100 for the janitor.

Try to follow this guys thinking…

I hate Trump
I like the janitor
I hate the gun lobby
I need some attention
I’ll kill myself with a .22 shot in my arm.
I’ll do it in the restroom so know one will stop me (leave some cash to cover the cleanup) then stagger out to the hall to die.
The world will think there’s an active shooter on the loose and that’s bad for Trump and the gun lobby.
What could possibly go wrong?

Oh crap, I only wounded myself and passed out. Lost $100. Now I have felony gun charges and look like a liberal idiot teaching college kids to be liberal idiots.
Gave the gun lobby and Trump ammo.
Can I have a do over?

13 Likes

I think you have it covered.

5 Likes

WOW

Go Trump!

Another term and they’ll all have taken care of themselves :hushed:

7 Likes

I can only give you one heart for this comment.

8 Likes

Is it callous to wish he hit an artery and bled out?

9 Likes

I think it’s better he didn’t. Not only does he get to face criminal charges for his stupidity, he no longer has a teaching career either. The rest of his miserable life, his job will be asking “would you like fries with that?”

9 Likes

On the plus side, he may not ever be allowed to vote again.

8 Likes

The democrats will never let that happen.

7 Likes

guess once he is convicted he also loses his ability to exercise his 2A rights (irony)?

8 Likes

If he is convicted.

4 Likes

Too bad the guy didnt have a .500 magnum.

6 Likes