Republican Indiana Senator's Canned Response

Typical politician talking out both sides of his ass.

Thank you for contacting me regarding gun violence and the 2nd Amendment. I appreciate hearing from you on this issue.
On May 25, 2018, I traveled to Noblesville, Indiana following a horrific shooting at Noblesville West Middle School. I met with law enforcement, state and local officials, and first responders to receive an update on the situation and the injured student and teacher. As a Hoosier and a father of four young children, I am heartbroken by the events that occurred that day. Our schools should be sanctuaries of learning where our children can learn, grow, and prosper. Never should the classroom be a place where our children ā€“ the future of this nation ā€“ feel concerned for their safety and never should our schools be a place where a student, teacher, or community member finds himself or herself in the line of fire.
It is unclear what motivates a young person to engage in such senseless violence, but we owe it to our children to find out. We must resolve to work together on this, to better understand this tragedy so that we can take lawful and effective measures to prevent this from happening again. Our children deserve no less.
As your Senator, I respect that Hoosiers have strong and diverse feelings on how to prevent gun violence while upholding 2nd Amendment rights of law-abiding Americans. I know we all share a common desire to prevent acts of gun violence. Thatā€™s why I have supported increased school safety, improved mental health services, common-sense fixes to criminal background checks, and increased penalties for illegal possession of guns.
In the 115th Congress, I helped introduce the Students, Teachers, and Officers Preventing (STOP) School Violence Act, which will help improve school safety infrastructure, resources, and procedures to prevent school violence. This bill was signed into law in March of 2018.
I also co-sponsored the Fix NICS Act to improve criminal background checks. This important bill holds federal agencies accountable if they do not report information to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, encourage states to upload relevant records to the system, and prevent dangerous individuals from purchasing a firearm. This also became law in March of 2018.
Additionally, I have helped introduce two bills that did not become law during the 115th Congress. The School Safety and Mental Health Services Improvement Act seeks to improve mental health services for youth. The Protecting Communities and Preserving the Second Amendment Act imposes more severe penalties on individuals who attempt to illegally procure firearms, creates a task force to streamline federal prosecution of felons and fugitives attempting to buy guns, commissions a study on the causes of mass shootings, and authorizes grants for states and localities to secure schools.
I also support incentivizing states to adopt red flag laws, like the one in Indiana, which ensures those with potentially life-saving information have a place to report it and legal gun owners have due process to defend their rights.
As this debate moves forward, please be assured that I will continue to support efforts to prevent violence while upholding the 2nd Amendment rights of law-abiding Americans.
Again, thank you for contacting me. It is an honor to represent you in the United States Senate.
Sincerely,
Todd Young
United States Senator

9 Likes

They only do what they think will get them re-elected to the elite ruling class.
All they want is to stay fat happy and fed by us suckers.
They live like royalty on our backs.

Has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with whats right, just and in the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

8 Likes

What a bullshit response. Once that mofo used the term ā€œgun violenceā€ thatā€™s when I knew it was complete bullshit as that is a bullshit term.

I also co-sponsored the Fix NICS Act

I also support incentivizing states to adopt red flag laws

Those two right there tells me that mofo needs to be voted out. He is a part of the problem. F that self centered douche bag.

8 Likes

I agree with whatā€™s been already written.

Itā€™s not hard to figure out what causes it. Mood altering drugs and no clear moral compass are the causes. Oh, and the fact that higher learning fosters an attitude of ā€œIā€™ve been screwed over and Iā€™m going to be perpetually angry.ā€. Is that also done in lower grades? I dunno, Iā€™m asking.

The problem is that ā€œtheyā€ donā€™t want to do anything about it. The decisions and fixes that need to be made are difficult and the left WANTS more misused guns because it pushes their agenda.

9 Likes

A typical canned response written by a staff member as a reply to a letter about anything gun related. Answers are Luke warm, right down the middle responses to appease either viewpoint.

Iā€™ll bet if you wrote again to this Senator youā€™d get the exact same form letter back. If you wrote about some environmental issue or infrastructure issue youā€™d get a similar letter on those topics.

Rest assured, no one reads anything we write.

Another case for term limits.

8 Likes

^ This. Even if we visit this douche in person I doubt heā€™d care because clearly he only cares about staying in power thus wanting votes. And to get votes you have to bullshit and pander to peopleā€™s emotions. This shouldnā€™t even BE a thing if it werenā€™t for so many stupid lazy Americans feeding this political machine.

8 Likes

I agree. The very first sentence is meant to to pander to both sides

ā€œGun violenceā€ and ā€œ2nd Amendmentā€? I assure you I did not write to him about gun violence.

Thatā€™s like my state represtative Alan Morrison response when he said ā€œThe red flag laws are merely tactics to remove guns from law abiding citizens, and I will not stand by and let such policies come to the great state of Indianaā€, when in fact Indiana was one of the first states to enact a red flag law, no thanks to Pence.

Indianaā€™s Republican representatives appear to have no principles or back bone. They stand for everything and nothing at all.

I fear Indiana will eventually and continually turn more anti-2nd Amendment.

5 Likes

It starts way too young. Freaking kindergarten kids getting in trouble for using the wrong pronouns :rage:. Yeah, letā€™s start throwing all this weird shit at these kids and get them started figuring out their genders and stuff in kindergarten. That wonā€™t fuck them up. Letā€™s let the other kids and the teachers dole out their value system on the little kiddos cuz weā€™re too f-ing lazy to parent our own kids. And even if we arenā€™t too lazy, we canā€™t even discipline them without someone butting in. :rage:. Oh little Johnny is ā€˜spiritedā€™. Maybe you should give him some drugs, but donā€™t dare try to make him behave.

Two words- HOME SCHOOL.

6 Likes

Indeed. This is our plan. I refuse to pander to a very minuscule part of society by using THEIR preferred gender identity. And neither will my child.

5 Likes

KEY TO SUCCESS!!!

6 Likes

Two Indiana Republican U.S. Senators, Todd Young and Mike Braun.
I canā€™t tell the difference between them and the Democrats. These guys are a lost cause.
New email response from Braun:

"Thank you for contacting my office regarding Second Amendment protections to keep and bear arms. I appreciate hearing from you.

I am an avid hunter, a National Rifle Association member, and stand 100 percent in support of the Second Amendment. In the Senate, I will oppose any efforts to restrict the rights of law-abiding gun owners and will protect their ability to defend themselves and their families in life-threatening situations. Because of this, I have co-sponsored S. 69, the Constitutional Carry Reciprocity Act , S. 1506, a bill to permit those complying with state firearm laws to carry, and S. 351, the Gun Owners Registration Information Protection Act .

I am deeply troubled, though, by the recent shootings that took place in El Paso, Texas and Dayton, Ohio. Simply put, there is no place for the hate that motivated these attacks in our great country. Americans are collectively grieving the loss of our fellow citizens to senseless violence. My wife Maureen and I are praying for the victims and survivors of these horrific events.

I know that the federal governmentā€™s most fundamental responsibility is to keep citizens safe. As a United States Senator, public safety is therefore a top priority. Steps must be taken to ensure that the mentally ill and those who wish to do others harm are not able to legally purchase and possess firearms to commit violent acts.

Mass shootings and gun violence across the country create complex situations, and I believe that we need solutions to prevent those who only wish to do others harm from gaining access to dangerous weapons. First and foremost, I believe our existing laws need to be fully enforced. Second, I believe a meaningful legislative solution would include reforms to strengthen background checks, extreme risk protection orders and commonsense restrictions on modifications that allow legal firearms to function like fully automatic military style weapons. Lastly, we as Americans must take the time required to address and respond to the part of our culture that glorifies violence and instead empower communities to focus mental health services.

Any legislation that I support or vote for will have to be constructed in a way that protects law-abiding Americansā€™ access to their Second Amendment rights. As I consider any currently proposed legislation, I will keep your thoughts in mind.

Thank you for contacting me. It is an honor to serve as your U.S. Senator from Indiana. Please keep in touch with me on issues of concern to you. You can also follow me on Twitter or Facebook for real-time updates on my activities in the U.S. Senate. If I ever may be of service, please do not hesitate to contact me."

Sincerely,

Mike Braun
U.S. Senator

5 Likes

Then get the fuck out of congress you dimwit. Feelings and troubles are meaningless. Freedom is whatā€™s important.

6 Likes

ya, I like the whole ā€œIā€™m a hunterā€ reference at the beginning.

I was thinking, we should make a list of all our RINOs on here, for each state, so that we can send it out to everyone we know and plaster it on social media before election time. I think a lot of people who arenā€™t keeping up with this stuff need to see that voting ā€œRā€ down the ticket or voting for the Republican incumbant, may not be the right choice.

6 Likes

Oh and double fuck you for using the far left anti-2Aā€™s talking points. You sir are a fucking douchebag.

6 Likes

That is pretty much to lube you up for the assfucking. Sorry, Iā€™m really annoyed today so my filter is off.

6 Likes

Nothing wrong with that. It should be. Civility hasnā€™t gotten us anywhere. Iā€™ve written to these two regularly, this is a response from my boyfriendā€™s email to him.

I realize now, itā€™s a waste of time. Best I can hope for is to spread the word to other Hoosiers about these two and a few of our State Reps, also claiming to be Republicans and protectors of the Second Amendment.

6 Likes

Exactly. It is time to start electing people and people that want to protect the Constitution / Bill of Rights regardless of political affiliation. That should be #1 priority right now. Let the social stuff be fought in the streets so to speak (and not literally mind you).

6 Likes

Who here can create good memes? Since memes are the new form of education and communication, we need these guys picture, state they represent and names to be out there saying they need to be replaced and show their stance on this issue and that they are NOT reflecting the wishes of their constituents nor upholding the Constitution of the United States nor the Constitution of Indiana.

And this goes for other Republicans of other states as well. We already know how the Left feels, time to start concentrating on the guys and gals on the Right and get them the hell out of office. Shine a spotlight on them and their voting record.

6 Likes

^ This.

4 Likes

ā€œone of these is not like the otherā€

4 Likes