requesting opinions on home protection shotgun

Is there such thing as hollow point slugs? I am not a shotgun guy. When I had one all I used was 00 buck and slugs.

3 Likes

There are but 99% are sabots meant for rifled barrels and stupid expensive $3-5 a piece

4 Likes

I love sabots and they work well with my benelli shotguns…

3 Likes

Yes look at deer slugs

4 Likes

Mossberg 590 20 gauge Shockwave, little pumper with punch!

4 Likes

Nice shockwave!

3 Likes

LonewolfMcQuade :+1:

3 Likes

@jf89 Not sure if this is what you were thinking these are available👍

4 Likes

When it comes to home defense shotguns or home defense in general I don’t think it’s possible to beat the Tristar Compact shotgun.
It’s a bullpup style shotgun. Extremely short with detachable magazines

5 Likes

I used to have a friend who owned a junkyard, we shot about every vehicle you could think of with 22’s, shotguns, high powered rifles and we were amazed at times how little damage they did to cars…as far as 12 ga. with 00 Buck it failed on about everything especially when the shot hit something at an angle…seen it not penetrate windshields and especially doors, If the vehicle had power windows, locks and a crash bar 00 would never penetrate into the passenger compartment. If the high powered rifle round hit the crash bar or power window motor it would not make it into passenger compartment…00 Buck would mostly not even penetrate the door skin especially from an angle…it would dent it up and take off paint but not do much more…never shot any drywall, but have shot boards like 2x6’s/4x4’s and such and from my experience doing it 00 won’t penetrate very much wood…my hunting buddy had one of the bad Remington
700 rifles, after finishing hunting one day we were at his car to leave, he stuck the barrel of his rifle on the front seat to unload it and when he lifted bolt it went off…the bullet went through the seat and hit the metal plate that the seat belt bolts to, it never even penetrated the metal plate, it dented it but that’s all…

4 Likes

I’ll just leave this here.

1 Like

Winchester Super-X slugs, accept no substitutes. Doesn’t matter gauge, it’ll punch a nice hole in anything in its path.

Oh and make no mistake, buckshot WILL stop a criminal intruder once in your home. They won’t be surrounded by cars when they break in and invade. Boards, drywall and etc aren’t humans so their performance vs buckshot should not be equated with human anatomy.

Oh and on that subject of cars…

Projectiles can go through and do damage. It all depends on where you shot it and what you shot it with. Anecdotal evidence one gets shooting junk shouldn’t be compared to a home defense scenario anyway. Would you want to be shot with buckshot? I’m guessing the answer is no. :cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

As far as home protection I’m not so sure shooting through a car will be a necessary option. When I envision a home intrusion I envision an altercation happening without obstruction from a very short distance away.

3 Likes

well I know its not a popular decision but its the one I made. #6 bird shot is loaded 7+1 deep. What most don’t realise is the wifes 357 will be letting loose also. If I am at home alone then my 357 is first to bat. If I am still fighting then I reach for the shotty. If its still on which I don’t think it wil be then I should have made it to the middle room. Hell breaks loose then

5 Likes

.357 magnum is an awesome round and the leverguns are uber fucking cool. Is it ninja approved? Prolly not but who cares, I find most “tactical” stuff ugly and bland, tbh.

5 Likes

no not ninja approved at all. Matching SP101 SS snub noses

4 Likes

Maybe gangster approved then? Im unsure how to label pretty wheel guns here

2 Likes

This was filmed on a potato but it will give you some idea’s on a Shockwave setup.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Why don’t you just get a shorter barrel for your shotgun. Super easy to switch out. cheaper than new firearm.
Personally I have my ksg real close. Lol

3 Likes