Resurgence of the wheelgun

8 Likes
8 Likes
9 Likes

That BFR looks pretty interesting.

10 Likes

Speaking of revolvers, I once had a Ruger Blackhawk that had a transfer bar that kept hanging up on me. I understand there’s a fix for that, but it made me realize why the older Rugers were more desirable.

9 Likes

Never lost my fondness for wheel guns. Not my choice for EDC, but for hunting and target my favorite {well, single shot for hunting is equally 'favorite").

Holly grips just added to my M-14 K-38.

9 Likes

Looks like a S&W cylinder release, is it?

7 Likes

Yep. S&W Target Masterpiece. DA is smooth and SA is the best of anything I have owned. I used to shoot PPC at the local Sheriff’s Dept. with it. (40 years ago, sigh). A honey of a pistol and I can still headshoot bunnies when small game hunting with it.

6 Likes
7 Likes

@Stumpkiller Nice wheel gun…hope you have some nice leather for it. Would look great with those grips.
Bill

6 Likes

@Stumpkiller - with a gun like that you could probably shoot the eye out-of-a crow, in flight.
WJ

6 Likes

Hey @BillWaits good to see ya was reading one of the threads and seen a few comments by you and was like winder where Bill is at.
Hey did ya watch that Bob Munden video in this Wheel gun section. Think you would really really like it . Its right up your alley.

3 Likes

Well . . . maybe not so much since I achieved Senior Citizen standing. But of any multiple-shot handguns I own it is still #1 in my hands. Just a lovely bit of machining and fitting.

5 Likes

I am right there with you stump…seven years retired, progressive bifocals, hearing aids, etc. But still loving life to the fullest.
Bill

4 Likes

@WV460Hunter I sure did…big fan of Bob Munden. Wonder if Bob and Thell Reed ever went head-to-head?
Bill

4 Likes

Boy, oh boy thats a good question @BillWaits . Man those guys was fast. I was born in AZ. And Mom was raised there and Dad lived there with his uncle on his cotton farm and went to school as an older teenager 16yr. Old . Then met my Mom out there for several years. was foreman at a Cotton Gin and my Grandmother was a secretary and waitress and introduced mom to dad…lol.
Dad and Mom went to antelope high school never even knew each other went there at the same time…lol and Dad used to Hunt mule deer in the Desert with his good Buddy Charles Cobb. Charles would collect stines from the desert smooth them up paint a picture on some and then attach a bolo tie fixture to the back. Mom gave me 3 or 4 I still wear them and they are cherished items to me. Dad loved everything about the Deep southwest. But came back for his parents and never went back. Mom always did want to go back . Dad would watch westerns all day everyday if weather was bad…lol Dad always loved revolvers and leverguns and He got me in to them. I love everything about a wheelgun. Dad loved shooting USA and when Bob Munden was on Dad would be glued to the TV and if I was at the house he would say hey come here watch thos guy…lol . Dad passed in 21’ and guess what I guess I learned a few things . When the weather is bad I watch westerns and I watch Bob Munden and love and shoot wheelguns.

3 Likes

It’s amazing the things we have in common with one another @ WV460Hunter As a young man I worked on my paternal grandfather’s cotton farm and cow/calf operation in Mississippi…was even a board member of the local cotton gin. I also have the same love of Western movies/shows, lever action rifles, and especially sixguns. Some of this maybe more genetic than life experience though. I was raised by my stepdad and mom, both professors of ancient and medieval history. There was never a gun in the house but lots of books. My father, who I initially saw little of, was a devoted hunter and fisherman.

I also have a few favorite little known westerns, particularly Apache war films. If interested in their titles let me know. And here are a few of my favorite shooting sixguns:

8 Likes

Man those are some nice irons :yep:
I see one with the black grips ,micarta or horn?
Are all of those .45colt :exploding_head:
Not to mention they all look like 3 gen to me.
Hang on gotta wipe the slobber off my screen…lol :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Yes ,titles for those would be fantastic :clap:

3 Likes

@WV460Hunter Don’t know about three screws, but they are all third Gen Colts…and I believe shipped in the early to mid 80’s. The engraved nickel is a 45 Colt with factory ivories. The two new frontiers both have custom ivory grips and are 45 Colt and 44-40, with 44 spec cylinder. The other nickel is a 44 special with Hogue custom checkered Pau faro grips. And they are all nice shooters/accurate.
Bill

4 Likes