Revolver Basics

Anyone else ever get in trouble for not explaining things QUITE right because, well you sorta take your years of experience for granted? Yeah, us old crotchety dudes gotta be careful about how we explain things so these newbie firearm owners can understand it. LOL

9 Likes

Great video!
Now i know this may be a dumb question, but why go single action at all?

8 Likes

Cuz you’re tired of being married I guess.

I know, bad joke. Sorry :grin:

Lighter, shorter trigger pull for increased accuracy during precision shooting in my opinion.

But I prefer a DA revolver, so I have both options.

9 Likes

because they are fun?

8 Likes

depending on the caliber you wanna play around with, double action isn’t an option, so there is that too

8 Likes

And that, and history, and nostalgia.

And freaking John Wayne carried one! And that’s enough cool factor for anyone right there…yes it is!

9 Likes

:arrow_double_up: :arrow_double_up: :arrow_double_up:

this

6 Likes

I have always made it a point as an instructor to teach and not assume. Too many instructors need to park their ego’s and remember when you were a newbie.

7 Likes

shooting a SA only revolver - same reason you carry a 1911 - nostalgia and you can always use it as hammer

6 Likes

the mistake is made when someone ASSUMES the only reason to have a firearm is to carry it… guns are fun, i want to shoot them all, i want to own them all and am always working towards that goal @DontBlameMeIStubbedMyToe

4 Likes

Like i said, it was a dumb question. Sometimes you miss a lot of the angles. I was brought up on old westerns. I love seeing cowboys fanning their 6 guns.
I didn’t take into account of shooting competitions, or caliber restrictions.
Also, if i ever had the $$ to impulse buy a beauty of a pistol , i would absolutely snatch it up.
I’m no firearm bigot.
My favorite rifle is black!

6 Likes