Rotella

Anyone use this and know whats going on?

My local store was out and said the company had sold, they could only offer a substitute,

Other than full synthetic is there a substitute? :thinking:

Not wanting to need to change all the gaskets or gamble on a different oil I ordered some on Amazon

Best price was 5 gallon pails so I ordered two.

Amazing how USPS tracking said they were delivered at my mailbox but I never got them :angry:

I did get that dealt with and was able to do even better on price (for now) as the Home Depot in my area had 2.5 gallon jugs on clearance, a shortage at one place, fake delivery another and clearance yet another :no_mouth:

8 Likes

IDK
I stocked up on the Rotella synthetic I run in the 7.3 from local Walmart back a ways. I try to buy when on sale and stock up.
Still have 2 oil changes worth on the shelf w/filters.
You are not the first I heard complain “no Rotella” lately.
FYI.
My COSTCO has Delvac on the shelves here as of last Thursday

8 Likes

Delvac is ok too. Rotella is made by Shell oil.
I use rotella In My motorcycles too.

5 Likes

Plenty of it around here, i use delvac in everything and i mean everything

6 Likes

I thought you were a Vaseline man ?

6 Likes

I am, but i have nothing that matches yer anal lube collection. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Pervert… :grin:

5 Likes

I ran Rotella synth in all my Jap 4 cylinder speed demons.
They ran great with it.
Had a couple Blackstone oil tests and everyone came back with great results.

6 Likes

I started having trouble finding it last fall.

A coworker has a buddy that works at one of the parts store chains, and they were able to find some at another store. I think I barely have enough for the next oil change, so I’m going to have to try to find some more, soon.

7 Likes

My Home Depot still had gallons 7 bucks cheaper than Amazon, the 2.5 gallons were clearance priced so I grabbed the four on the shelf, get a few looks toting a flat of oil through the store

7 Likes

I was at NAPA today and I asked about 15W-40 synthetic. The employee said there is/was a shortage of key ingredients. Whatever that means.

6 Likes

so am I the only one that uses Amsoil?

6 Likes

Key ingredient is oil.
We all know what FJB did with that.

Many friends use Amsoil especially the M/C guys.
My diesel drag racing friend swears by it.

8 Likes

That is what I use in my Challenger and my wife’s truck.

8 Likes

That’s my number one choice, followed by Mobil1 and then any other synthetic

But I bought this truck with high mileage and I know better than to switch now, the previous owner said its used Rotella and changed every 5k all along so I plan to just stick with that, plus Rotella already has a great rep with Diesels

The Rotella in question isn’t even synthetic :man_shrugging: but that is curious

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7 Likes

Your just butt hurt that you spent all that money on fancy lube and he still prefers the cheap stuff.

9 Likes

Same here. I’ve been using Amsoil for years. I ran it for 5,000 miles in my Dodge Cummins, then sent an oil sample for analysis. The oil still had plenty of life remaining. Good stuff!

7 Likes

Here’s something to contemplate, haven’t verified this but it sounds plausible.

7 Likes

Thanks for that, welcome back, I think its well verified :no_mouth:

7 Likes

Been using Amsoil for years and years. Use it in my Jeep

5 Likes