Ruger 10/22 Charger: Backpack Gun?

Going out on a limb here, in other words, I’ll probably be proven wrong.

My contention is that Ruger could have spent time and resources else where for a better ROI than a 22lr pistol with a 17 inch OAL and a puny 8 inch barrel.

The 10/22 Charger is that 22lr pistol.

The Good? It’s a 10/22. Suppressor ready and has a folding brace.

I actually like 10/22s, for me they are ubiquitous and we have several. The Takedown model seems to be the most popular, precisely for it’s packability. Not just in a packback, but in a pickup, tool box, cargo box etc. They have a 16" barrel and I don’t see the effort being worth it for less or to waste a suppressor on.

Like I said I am probably going to be proven wrong.

8 Likes

I would trade my sub 2000 for it in a heartbeat.

8 Likes

Lmao. See, like I said, I was wrong…

Not me. No way. A 40 out of 16" barrel vs a 8" 22lr? Please :grinning:

The good news its cheap too!

7 Likes

OK, i mighta lied just a little. :rofl:

7 Likes

:rofl:

7 Likes

I love my Charger, I have the SB folding arm brace, Sig red dot and binary trigger in mine and fun, fun, fun…accurate enough for small game and even more fun with the suppressor…mine is the TD version with 10 inch barrel…

8 Likes

:grinning: I knew I was wrong :sweat_smile: I am glad you like it!

A TD Version with a 10" barrel sounds like an improvement. Accurate for small game, nice. How far out?

Our Volquartsen 16" TD barrels with Sightron TACs shoot sub MOA at 50 and with the right ammo at 100. They’re great for Squirrels and Cottontails. Fun for targets to 200. The stock Ruger TDs we have don’t do as well.

6 Likes

Do you have ten of them in all different colors like the PMR30? Inquiring minds want to know. what is it about you and the rainbow colors anyway? :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Me, I’m a fan of black. A bunch of blank slates for my eventual Cerakote career training.

5 Likes

Fake can for demonstration purposes. Still need to put a rds on it.

7 Likes

Lol. Guess there was a bigger market than I thought!

How’s the accuracy PH?

6 Likes

I like FDE and OD green. would rather have those than black most of the time. but somebody here got to give Randall a hard time.

5 Likes

Not sure, don’t have any sights/optics on it yet. I built it over time as I acquired parts for it. Has a factory 6" barrel for what that’s worth.

5 Likes

Doesn’t it take the same magazine as the 10/22? Or am I wrong, I see they come with bx 15 round I have several bx 25 for the 10/22.

5 Likes

Think it does. One big reason for the popularity of the 10/22 is the mag. Doubt they would change it, but I have been proven wrong before. In fact quite recently…

5 Likes

Yep same magazine as a 10/22. Same trigger group too.

4 Likes

Nice looking firearm, that now goes on the want list.

4 Likes

Exact same reciever and internals as the 10/22 rifle. Chassis accept any standard AR grip. Picatinny or AR buffer tube adapters (aftermarket) are available for different stock/brace options.

5 Likes

:rofl: I was so wrong :rofl:

4 Likes

You do know it now comes in 40cal as well. Ahhh the possibilities :star_struck: :rofl:

4 Likes