Ruger Ranch 7.62x39

I just bought a new Ruger Ranch 7.62x39 that uses Mini14 magazines…now for a scope…

4 Likes

Pics or it didn’t happen! :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

did you know you could download the Nikon ballistic app from the Google Play Store? That’s what I did. I’d look through all of their Scopes set the info of what scope, make in weight of bullet and then calculated to get where the bullet drop compensation would be for every scope they make. After doing a bunch of playing around on their app, I ended up getting the Nikon prostaff 5 BDC scope. Ballistically the reticle magnification doesn’t change the bullet’s point of impact with the first focal plane scope.

4 Likes

IF you want less magnification, here’s another option

4 Likes

Thanks…I will try and stay around 250 if I can…it does not need a lot…

2 Likes

out of curiosity, how far are you looking to use it? Before I installed the prostate 5, I had just a less expensive single cross hair Nikon buckmaster on it. 3.4inches high at 100yds, dead on at 200yds. 8 Inches low at 300yards.

[quote=“LonewolfMcQuade, post:3, topic:6255”]
Did you know you could download the Nikon ballistic app from the Google Play Store? [/quote]

You can also just go to http://spoton.nikonsportoptics.com/spoton/

I made a little waterproof paper insert for my scope cap. But my Prostaff only works at 9X.

2 Likes

that’s exactly what I did, but I’m good throughout the magnifications with the first focal plane

1 Like

It will mostly be a toolbox rifle…I may play with it at 300 or more just because ammo is so cheap…will also be a woods gun for Deer and may get some use for Coyote hunting…

2 Likes

Awesome, it’s a great, accurate rifle.check out a Nikon Buckmaster 2 scope on Amazon is pretty affordable in your price range

1 Like

Did you find a scope yet?

I put a M223 Nikon 1x4 on it…and it is such a great shooter…1.5 inch groups at 100 with steel case ammo…amazing, Ruger really got it right…sorry I did not post earlier it is Duck/Goose season and I get kinda crazy when it comes in, lol…

1 Like

Awesome! They most certainly got it right with this gun , pretty damn accurate with affordable steel cased ammo… Good luck with the bird hunting sir!

1 Like

It is a rifle everyone should have…a lot of +'s for the money…

2 Likes

I bought a Nikon Buckmaster II 3-9*40 but will have to measure OD to size flip up covers as the numbers in the manual don’t match any on brownells chart. Also does the anti glare thing that starts with a T fit inside the objective cover?

1 Like

That’s what I did. I measured the diameter of the scope with a micrometer then Googled Butler Creek scope cover sizing. Made it very easy. last scope I had with the honeycomb anti glare filter, it fit inside the bell of the scope. However, I cannot recall if the scope cover would still fit over it & close or not. I never cared for the anti-glare so I did not use them

1 Like

Thank you very much. My eye glasses probably glare more than the scope so I probably shouldn’t sweat the scope glare. I’m to rough on glasses to spend the money for anti glare lenses for my eye glasses. One chemical splash can ruin them.

2 Likes

Did the measurements match or did you buy the covers barely smaller or larger?

1 Like

My measurements were , eye piece"44mm & objective lens 50mm.

1 Like

1 Like