Rusted out

Looking to try and help learn more restoration techniques and practice. Does anyone have anything that is just like totally rusted out that they want to part with for cheap? Not picky if its Long guns, pistols or even knives. I just don’t have a lot of free money school takes it up. I appreciate anything and taking the time to read.

Thanks

10 Likes

I’ve scored wall hangers on gunbroker before, cheap,

Flea markets are good too!

10 Likes

Google “gunsmith special”

10 Likes

I have a few but I intend to use them myself to restore and show on video.

9 Likes

Got a couple of 1941 Gen 1 Colt 45’s with consecutive serial numbers, showing a little rust on the cylinders and holster wear up by the front sight…

9 Likes

HMM never thought about gunbrokers. I will have to dig around and check that out. Don’t really have any good flea markets around the city. If there is anyone from OK that knows of good flea markets please let me know.

3 Likes

Thank you. I have done several of those but usually they aren’t too bad especially with rust. Honestly looking for some things that are worse than what I find on the “specials”. lol

4 Likes

I look forward to watching the videos. Its been very interesting to watch some of the videos and seeing the different approaches people take.

4 Likes

:rofl: I will admire from behind the glass.

5 Likes

Last one I got was old enough to not need an FFL, don’t recall how I searched it, ones like this go cheap but require FFL

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/904624852

6 Likes

I have a pawn sharp I use for ffl. They only charge me 10 bucks to transfer so ffl isn’t really an issue I will have to keep an eye out

5 Likes