Ruth Bader Ginsburg passes away at 87

Holy crap! I guess 2020 has more shit to throw at us. What do you think old Mitch ought to do? Ram through a nominee, or wait until after the election?

11 Likes

Be nice to ram through a real conservative judge (IF any truly exist) BEFORE THE ELECTION!

15 Likes

Gorsich and Kavanaugh are not conservatives, yet light years ahead of Justice Roberts. At least they try to apply the Constitution to their judgement.

Edit: I took my foot off the gas. It is appropriate to take my hat off first.

8 Likes

At least there was one positive thing in 2020

11 Likes

10 Likes

Hard and deep Mitch hard and deep.

10 Likes

Weird, yesterday in my legal research and writing class we were talking about the supreme court justices, I saw the picture of her with the other justices. We were talking about how the president picks the judges. The professor said in case of a death, Trump will pick a replacement. My first thought was, is she still alive?

Time for the left to lose their collective three brain cells.

14 Likes

Presidential Election, Covid, Fires, Hurricanes, Riots…now this. Next week will be interesting for sure.

12 Likes

A measure of respect especially publicly then decide weather to appoint another justice. Maybe wait until right after the election but before December so the left can loose their shit over that instead of trying to make sure the results certification is delayed? Just a thought. Also decide if senate might still be favorable to nomination after election, if not nominate before election .

11 Likes

I’d say to wait till she gets cold but…

9 Likes

I will cry for her the way she would cry for me…

9 Likes

Interesting take. I didn’t think of between the election and inauguration.

If he tries to ram through a nominee, it will fire up the democratic voters even more. But waiting until after he’s won is risky if he loses or if there’s no results. So in between is a great idea.

10 Likes

Starting to look like the Senate is going to try to get a nominee through the confirmation process before election day.

12 Likes

Last time McConnell wouldn’t let Obama appoint because it was an election year and “the people should decide”. So we may have screwed our own pooch with that precident.

9 Likes

When you consider the threats the Dems have been making about a contested election, I think we need a full court to decide if needed. Trump should nominate soon and they should put it through. Before the election.

14 Likes

AND PSA IS DRAGGIN’ ASS ON MY LPK!!!
The mosin is so unwieldy in the car, especially with the bayonette.

8 Likes

That is when the party of the President is different than the Senate. It simply makes no sense for the President to do that. That’s not the case here.

10 Likes

Thank you. I was trying to think of a way to get a constitutional justice without giving the dems ammo before the election.

9 Likes

I can definitely see valid reasons for doing it before the election and that is probably best. My caution is seeming political to undecided voters even though it is political No matter when it is done. Might bring a few needed sheep our way if we play it right. Feels wrong that someone’s death brings out that kind of strategery but both sides are doing it already I’m sure.

9 Likes

One rat down.
Many to go.

Party here today! :yep:

10 Likes