Sarco 1911A1 builders kit

Are in stock for the moment.
$279 everything but frame.

I’ve built with this and a brother built one, only thing I replaced was the sear spring. Recoil spring was on the weak side, used a bumper.

11 Likes

10 Likes

A buddy just informed me of this in the last hour. Each of us are going to build a GI style, just waiting for carbon frames to come in stock somewhere.

10 Likes

These are good, already parkerized, this is what we used before I started parkerizing my own.

Seems like things are starting to break loose. $133+$279+tax and shipping, plus a wilson seer spring, under $500!

10 Likes

Oh wow, I didn’t know about this company at all. Thanks!

You said $133, do they do LE/MIL/VET discounts?

9 Likes

Could call them. It shows $133 on the site, marked down from 140. I just grabbed one and a sarco build kit even though I have about 73 projects before I’ll ever get to this one. It’s a good A1 frame.

10 Likes

11 Likes

I’m thinking these are RIA frames. I messaged them about discounts and the reply was from Armscor for LE discounts. I checked the physical addresses of Advanced Tactical and Armscor and they are both in an Armscor campus in NV.

Their LEO prices look pretty good. If you qualify and that’s something you’re interested in, just shoot a message to Armscor or you can PM me your email address and I’ll forward the info to you.

8 Likes

Good to know. RIA makes solid components.

6 Likes

Better to rotate the barrel lug to a 45 and use it, not a loaded mag

4 Likes

Can’t picture it, need an image!

5 Likes

Guess you have to be Vietnam issue

5 Likes

the sarco kit showed up Sunday, the advanced tactical frame showed today. Frame looks great, haven’t opened the sarco box yet, but have to and at least see if I get a cool rack # on the grips. Going on the shelf for the future or maybe get someone else into the hobby. It’ll be a while before I have time…

6 Likes

No rack numbers, damn. Have to counterfeit them on.
Sarco bag o gun

Notice the shiny mainspring cap. Last couple of sarco kits had 2 bottoms and no tops. Looks like they upped their game.

Advanced tactical frame.

Nice radius where the dust cover meats the frame, no bowtie cut on the VIS which is common to a lot of frames, I’ll relieve it just enough to show just a bit of a bowtie. Very little chamfer, think it will be just about right after cutting the barrel seat.

Unusual tooling cut, looks like they used a woodruff cutter instead of an endmill to cut the VIS

Some other frame examples

Here is one with a lot of bowtie but bevel is borderline on the large side.

Here is one for the bullet proof ejector, perfect bevel…

…But… Used a drill profile instead of endmill to cut the VIS. Definitely a blemish. This one would probably work, ehh, but a ramped barrel cut is what I’ll do to really make it right.

The Sarco sear spring, actually the nicest one I’ve seen come out of one of their kits. Upped their game here also. Still going to toss it and put in a WC!

Some other frame photos

Over cut trigger bar ways

No cut (Series 70), C/P/L cut (Series 80), GVT cut (series 80)

6 Likes

The envy has set in :star_struck:

5 Likes

If I may, I will jump in here and recommend to not toss the leaf spring.

Never know when you may need a leaf spring for a sight, etc. Keep it for material.

Oh and by the way, we are not building here…

8 Likes

Toss it in the spare parts bin, good idea about the sight leafspring.

Right now I’m not building a 9 story apartment building, I am just digging a hole, buying overpriced material and assembling a 115 unit kit, honey.

6 Likes

Yeah, I responded to that comment with:

7 Likes

LOL, I love, piss off and gtfo!

5 Likes

As I said before, those guys on 1911 Forum are brutal. One of them zoomed in on my photos and pointed out what looks like a crack!

Must have been a dog hair or something.
after a little brake kleen:

5 Likes