School this Glockaphobic Fud it

Thanks so much for the honest and thorough input.
Noticed the try out different guns before picking something for self defense, speech,. Same speech I have given many times, :sunglasses:
Actually have my set gun for defensive carry and that will not change, as I am older, Fat, and a bit slow. As I need consistency to maintain an advantage. :slightly_smiling_face:
I have myself well trained with a certain gun and it is in the same place all the time.
Actually kinda thinking about a Glock for a flexible plinking format, and Maybe a shtf grab and go. Or maybe a replacement for the Hi point in my glove box. After all Glock is a race gun version of a High Point ,… Right? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
All kidding aside thank you for providing me with some food for thought. :thinking:

9 Likes

Indeed. :+1:

5 Likes

I like the way mine fits my hand and the only negative to me it the trigger but it does what it is supposed to just not as smooth as I would like.

8 Likes

I have handled a number of Glocks and so far every one I have handled has had the wrong grip angle and just feels like a 2x4 in my hand. I never got beyond that so I can’t comment on the trigger. For me if I need to figure out how my wrist needs to be it’s a non-starter. What happens when I need to use it and can’t see the sights? With the 1911 grip angle I’m good w/o sights, but with the Glock grip angle not so much. All of my guns have the same grip angle for consistency. So my advice is to choose your lane and stay in lane.

Those who like them love them. It’s like cilantro, there appears to be no in between. Owners all mention the reliability. But I have non-Glock handguns (I own no Glocks) that shoot and just keep shooting.

11 Likes

They are NOT perfect.
They are not even the best technology available right now.
But, I have carried one for 22 years because despite 3 generations of pistol I have never even once had it fail.

12 Likes

Knowing what I know now I’ll say: just buy a Glock 19, get some Trijicon HD night sights and be done.

I went through the whole multiple sizes and calibers thing with Glocks over a period of years - spending a good bit of money on pieces and parts to support multiple calibers and situations. While “neat” to have this capability I found it somewhat impractical as I ended up purchasing the native caliber gun for 9/40/357 (the G19, G23, G32, respectively) at some point along the way anyway. So my experience tells me if you’ve a true desire to shoot different calibers, save the money you’d spend on parts and buy each firearm in whole. You’ll be a lot further ahead and won’t have all the mismatched parts laying around afterwards.

10 Likes

By no means a Glock expert but, I was shopping for something to replace my Star M43 and I tried Ruger, Sig, Colt, and others. But when I picked up the 19X it just fell into my hand and the balance was great. So I went to the local gun shop he said he didn’t have any 19X’s but I should try the G45 on for size so I did. I now have a G45. All these folks are right it is not pretty and it should not be easy to shoot, it looks very cubish and there is no chrome or engraving, or this or that. But when I picked it up it just felt like the perfect fit, even though it shouldn’t have. So I bought it and I like it. I have no regrets and would not trade it for the world. Got about 500 rounds through it and it is pretty much flawless in shooting. Took some rounds get the site picture right but it puts shot after shot on the same point. It is of course Gen 5 and it has a much nicer trigger than the 3’s or 4’s. Plus 17 rounds per mag with 3 mags from the factory means I don’t need to carry a spare mag in most situations. G-45 for me does what it is supposed and does it without fail. Good balance and accurate shooting. Bought it and no regrets, am keeping it. Plus it takes the same mags as my AR-9, and definite bonus.

10 Likes

:+1:

And that’s how that cookie crumbles, now you need to pimp it with a 10mm slide/mags :laughing::laughing::laughing:

7 Likes

I have done that same thing, conversion barrels are cheap and reliable… If you need more reliability change extractor and ejector with like caliber! I’ve also used the 22 conversion upper from Advantage arms I think, it’s been fairly reliable with decent ammo… Nice to have the 22 option for teaching new shooters.
There are many models and conversions that can be done. I have a couple 40 Cal. Models that I swap around, nice to have options if ammo becomes scarce!

7 Likes

Not possible with the model 45… I’m sure you were referring to the model 21 chambered in .45 though right :wink:

8 Likes

That’s kinda the direction I am going.I am thinking SHTF, or ammo shortage and for some reason I can not get loading supplies. The right powder ECT. I would have a couple to chose from.I am actually using a Glock mag adapter in my AR with my homebuilt 9 mm upper. So now after a little thought thinking a Glock whatever with a 9 Mm conversion. That would allow me to have a carbine and a pistol That both take the same caliber. Also have the freeedom of a couple different calibers, rifle and pistol carried all in one gun case.

6 Likes

Exactly! I keep everything for the conversion, barrel, mags and such in small pouch… Nice to have a to go kit, makes for a good time at the range too :grin:
I don’t have any pistol caliber carbines though, just don’t see the point in having something that size chambered in anything that enemic… I want all the horsepower I can get! 6.5 Grendel ohh yeah…:hugs:
Now converting a Glock 21 into 9x25 Dillon… Hmm, definitely gets you thinking… Look at some of those ballistics!

7 Likes

You’ll need to use a 10mm Glock (20, 40 or 29) for the 9x25 Dillon conversion. Since the 9x25 Dillon uses a 10mm parent case necked down to 9mm you’ll see the conversions for those only. Doesn’t mean they don’t exist somewhere, I just never found one when I did my initial research.

I own a 20 with a KKM 9x25 barrel and it is fantastic. If it is just for target or plinking duty get a Glock 40 as you’ll need every inch of barrel length as possible to maximize the cartridge’s performance. The best party trick is at night with that huge dragon’s breath muzzle blast. :smiley:

9 Likes

ohh, so that’s a legit model, I did assume he meant the 21 and was making the 45acp reference,

however, as a basic user I should be afforded a lot of slack to matter :grin:

10 Likes

Yeah they made the g45 to come in black as opposed to the g19x which only is fde color. Gen 5 models, g19 slide on a g17 frame. And the list goes on and on. :woozy_face:

5 Likes

Best advice for buying a glock. I’m telling you, no one has better advice than this.

Buy a SIG

7 Likes

Pretty much followed that advice as after countless pistols I finally settled

http://www.avantlink.com/click.php?tt=cl&merchant_id=366d8fa6-2a72-4d59-bc31-583f74cfd91b&website_id=06458bb1-7e38-4aad-bf81-d3c1e35328a4&url=https%3A%2F%2Fpalmettostatearmory.com%2Fp938sas-9mm-6rd-2-72-dt-ns-938-9-sas-ambi.html

7 Likes

I have a sig P220 elite and my wife has a P229. I really, really, really want a P220 ST Elite.

5 Likes

I’ve never shot those P938’s. How are they

4 Likes

Very easy to carry and to shoot, its a micro 1911 so if you’re familiar with and appreciate that platform then :sunglasses:

5 Likes