School this Glockaphobic Fud it

#AntifaGlockDildo …build it & they will die…

2 Likes

I thought I remember reading about that Las Vegas firearm rental’s experiences before on here. Excellent observations in that article. I couldn’t find what they said about their experience with 1911s, though.

4 Likes

They dont run the best 1911s ,if I remember right. Just low to mid grade Springfield Armory 1911s.

4 Likes

I can imagine the high end ones would be too expensive for them to rent and maintain. I’m actually interested in buying Springfield’s newish Defender Series budget 1911. I’d be interested to hear what they say of their experience with Springfield 1911’s.

5 Likes

You can get a Colt Commander or Classic for 900 bills, from the Colt web sight and have it shipped to your ffl.
I lucked out,about a year ago I picked up a Colt Competition for $750 thru my local dealer when colt was having a dealer incentive sale. Why not consider getting the real deal.
Colt Classic

5 Likes

I absolutely agree with the Colt recommendation! I did the same as you and got a great deal on the same Colt Competition from a local dealer about a year or two ago. But in the spirit of the other thread’s “I didn’t need it but got it anyway,” I was thinking of getting a budget 1911 to accompany it. I know RIA also offers decent affordable budget 1911s, but the Defender series from Springfield intrigued me since it’s roughly the same price but is made in America (Illinois, I think?).

Anyway, I guess I’ve strayed too far from our Glockaphobic thread. If I could, I’d add a Glock 17 (9 mm) and a Glock 20 (10mm) to my collection. For now, my Glock 34 suffices for my Glock needs, and it’s good to hear of so many stories of Glock longevity and reliability.

6 Likes

No problem with the derail, I started the thread and I helped run it off track. It was a much better derail than the yo mamma stuff that goes on around here. :roll_eyes: At least you are still talking about guns! :sunglasses::glock::glock::glock:
Actually looking at a Glock 22 just because I can switch from 357 sig to 40 sw to 9mm on that frame in second. Would be a fun range toy.

10 Likes

Hey… dont get that ball rollin, theres no stopping that train.

5 Likes

He’s talking about that train on his mom that he wants to be apart of

4 Likes

Thanks for understanding on the derail! I don’t mind the yo mama jokes and other shenanigans on here. It brings a bit of levity, and although I’m over the hill and nearing senior citizen status, I still suffer from a woefully immature sense of humor - lol.

Anyway, I like the caliber diversity that’s possible with the Glock 22 like you said. How exactly does that work? Do you have to get a new slide and barrel and just install it on the frame? Anything else needed? And I’m guessing you’ll need mags specific to each caliber as well?

9 Likes

Sometimes provides a break

5 Likes

Want a break? Have a Kit Kat! Do cease trying to egg on the clowns! We are a serious gun community here, there is NO ROOM for humor, light heartedness, swaying from the rules, or any other shenanigans! Also, no personal problems, no opinions, no chummyness, friendships, relationships or any Damn thing else that may be fun, entertaining or God forbid, cause enjoyment!! Get your act together, ALL OF YOU!

8 Likes

6 Likes

You know… @jf89 s mom can help you relieve that stress.

5 Likes

She’s out on parole already? Huh…

5 Likes

High Point FTW

7 Likes

Its Upgrayedd now , get with the program.

5 Likes

Pretty much just the barrel with 40 and 357SIG. They already use the same mags. When I run a 9mm conversion barrel I do use 9mm mags.

12 Likes

@spook I hear that as long as you start out with the 22 in 40 SW then it is just like you said. But if you have the 9 mm version (forgive me for being ignorant on the model #) there can be quite a bit of fenagleing involved.

@Joe Oh and did I hear a troll scratching at the door ? Thought I heard something about him wanting me to be his daddy? :rofl:

9 Likes

So just a drop-in 9mm barrel in a .40 Glock 22? Didn’t realize it was that easy and simple. I just priced the 9mm barrel, and had I known this before, I probably would’ve gotten the Glock 22!

9 Likes