Scrap Prices Still 💩💩💩

Heard someone scrapped brass shell casings at the scrap yard, only paying $1.31 per pound…

9 Likes

I guess if you don’t reload, it’s better than nothing. If you do reload, much more valuable to hold on to!!

7 Likes

Is this a no derail thread? I have some brass, I don’t reload so I usually give it away.

7 Likes

ABSOFUCKINGLUTLY NOT!!! LONEWOLF MCQUADE DOESN’T TRAMPLE ON THE 1ST AMENDMENT! DRIVE THIS BITCH OFF THE RAILS, HELL, OFF THE MOUNTAIN SIDE! :sunglasses:

7 Likes

A few years back I give a friend two pretty good sized boxes of machine gun brass, was mostly 30-06 and 8mm. there was a lot of 223 too. he was excited. don’t know why he didn’t have a 30-06 or an 8mm. he did have an m-16.

6 Likes

I got buckets of brass and copper sitting and waiting. Not cashing out with these prices!

9 Likes

Agree, got about 1k lb #2 copper setting down the shop. It’s not in the way, might as well sit on it a bit

8 Likes

I got a bunch of wire to strip still. I seen a guy on YouTube take a flaring tool that has multiple size holes in it stick a razor blade in it and tighten it down. Then you feed the wire thru and pull it and it puts a nice cut down it. The you just peel the coating off and boom precious copper! But now that prices are trash the pile has sat lol

6 Likes

Yessir, I’ve never had to buy brass, with all the folks who don’t reload themselves, there’s plenty laying around at every range I’ve been to.
Many Thanks to all those who don’t reload.

4 Likes

I save all spent brass and any laying around with range permission, it adds up quick and helps offset ammo repurchase costs.

5 Likes

I used to swap my extra brass and range pick up like 40 sw, with Freedom Munitions for fresh ammo, now there is a company called Capital Cartridge at the same address that pays $1.40 a pound right now.

https://www.capitalcartridge.com/sell-brass-casings-s/106.htm

4 Likes

Funny this came up, i took cans to the recycler this morning, cost as much in diesel to get them there than i made on selling them.

6 Likes

Wish I had room to stack more metals, I’m in reverse mode trying to get real stuff that has a hint of liquidity to replace the paper stuff with it’s third party risk. The third party stupidity level is off the charts these days… if you chalk it up to stupidity as they seem to want, could be it was all just a series of scams from the start…

4 Likes