SeeAll Open Sight

Anyone have or tried this? Looks interesting. There’s a gen 1($65) & a gen 2 ($95-$200) the $200 unit has tritnum.

8 Likes

Made in USA. Might make a decent BUS if Its legit

9 Likes

I have a tried one of them and I felt like it occupied too much of my FOV.

8 Likes

I can see that being possible. I can also see that being extremely problematic if in a firefight against an army of dwarfs

7 Likes

Why are you planning a gun fight with a bunch of dwarves?

8 Likes

Because…

7 Likes

No active shooter stuff right?

7 Likes

Of course not! That would make me only half a man…
Long story short, nevermind, probably be over some people’s heads…

7 Likes

Nothing goes over my head. I’m fast i would catch it.

7 Likes

I have one and planned to use it on something that now escapes my memory. Then I planned to use it again on another firearm. The short story is that it’s still sitting in the safe waiting to be used. I think it’s just so different for me that I just wind up not using it. It sure is tiny and lightweight.

6 Likes

What one do you have? Gen 1 or 2? Regular which requires some ambient light or the Tritnum?

5 Likes

I have the one with the tritium.

6 Likes

Yours sounds like the right one to get, it’ll be visible in very low light. The lesser model is probably ok with overhead lighting but from what I read doesn’t work at all in dark or even with a light on the weapon.

5 Likes

I’ve been trying to remember why I never mounted it permanently (or what I consider permanently). I think it was just inertia on my part. Old dogs new tricks, that kind of thing. It looks to be pretty good.

If I get a KS7 bullpup shotgun I’ll probably put it on that because I have it, all it needs is an M16/AR15 carry handle mount (I think. I need to check it). Yup, keep the KS7 carry handle in place, add the mount and screw the SeeAll onto it. Sight it in and done.

I don’t remember if their website does a decent job of showing the scale of it. In the picture below I have small hands. Sizewise it’s on par with an RDS or other micro red dot and of course it doesn’t use battery power.

In seeing the pix below I realized why it didn’t stay perched on the 10/22 for very long. It just looked out of place perched up there. I wasn’t going to build a base (and tolerate the added weight and mass) to make it appear as though it belonged. The rest is that the 10/22 SBR is a competition gun and I didn’t want to train myself in a new sight. The old dog thing.

Edit: OK, it’s coming back to me. I bought it to put on a USPSA Action Pistol handgun. I thought that the totally open view might be of value. There is simply no view of anything blocked by the sight unless one needs to see down through the firearm. The view of upcoming targets is the same as one would get by using an iron sight. Then I went into PCC division and the SeeAll was orphaned and has been looking for a use ever since.

The folks at SeeAll suggested I return it (really nice folks!) but my intention is to use it eventually to try it out.

6 Likes

Good info, thanks. I was thinking it may of made a good, light weight, battery free open sight on top of my 6x prism optic for the bullpup for close/closer engagement.

4 Likes

68747470733a2f2f36382e6d656469612e74756d626c722e636f6d2f65326363326334303935336265343262343134393131326336316632333639382f74756d626c725f6f686e613039746a726d317666657674746f315f3530302e676966

4 Likes

Looks like a black @LonewolfMcQuade

5 Likes

No. He’s too beaucoup to be that old broken down dog with the bum shoulder. :rofl:

5 Likes

Take your forked tongue elsewhere, Mr. Ohio’s Pride & Joy … :belt_fed:

5 Likes

Hey, I have a sporked tongue I’ll have you know! :tongue:

6 Likes