Selco on the Riots in France, False News, and Manipulated Rage

(From the article)

The internet and social networks create waves.

The internet as a resource for independent news and opinions is a great thing, but also it may work in a different opposite way. It happens like this all the time so one fake news that is carefully packaged and spun can cause an illogical situation where you have full grown people getting together and involving themselves into something that is actually riot.

So as an end result you are out, together with people who are kicking a police officer or storming the local mall for big screen TVs because you were fueled and raged by something that you read or saw on the internet, something that might be completely false.

So always think, who actually has a use for that big group of people who are rioting outside, stealing and trashing things?

Do you personally have a use for that?

Hopefully, you did not go outside because of TVs or similar.

Usually there is always somebody hidden behind that rioting, and usually, he (or they) are not with you outside, they are safe, spinning things and getting people to act this way.

General feelings of desperation

People riot because of general insecurity, no jobs, bad economic situation, fear, rage, violence…

All that is very easily used for different kind of agendas.

We are all more or less there, feeling anger or concern, otherwise, we would not probably be in this whole prepper movement. But the point here is that being a prepper should be quite opposite of joining a whole bunch of people outside in a loose alliance of demanding something. Because the majority of those people are outside either for fun (destruction) or acquiring items like (again) big screen TVs, hurting other people for fun, and similar.

It is not prepping/survivalism.

I know, there are always exceptions to the rule, and historically a lot of things could not be achieved before a big mass of people go out on the street and demand something. But most of the riots today are actually orchestrated because of other agendas, so I simply do not trust in it

(This is not the full article, click link for full article)

3 Likes
3 Likes

I’ve been studying, and, I almost have it figured

4 Likes

That was a great article. I have read what I think was his account of being in a blockaded city during the civil war. It was very sobering.

4 Likes