Self leveling concrete - anyone here used it / done it?

Just wondering if anyone here has the experience with self leveling concrete or similar compounds to level and flatten floors?

4 Likes

No one? Hmmm.

3 Likes

I have used it in small areas .I would not use it in a high traffic area or to fill somewhere that needed over an inch of fill.

4 Likes

I am thinking of going 1/4" over the entire floor. To make it perfectly flat.

Was just wondering what is the working time with those products? How much time do I have to pour material so that the entire floor has time to flow into level?

3 Likes

It has a long working time and you can mix it a little thin to get more time.

4 Likes

Excellent. That is exactly what I was looking to find out.

Thank you very much.

3 Likes

Speaking of not using too much weight…

I added plywood to decrease amount of concrete needed. One of the rooms was bad. 1" dip toward the middle. Used 3/4" ply to fill the dip and 1/2" and 1/4" ply to gradually fill surrounding areas.

7 Likes

And yes, doing the entire 1000 sqft in one day is a no go.

Had to go back and prime and continue pouring another day. The heat it produces when it kicks off is ridiculous.

Have a different plan for 1st floor. It is slab so less headaches with regard to weight, but it is larger. So I figured I will do it in sections without having to worry about the wet edge and the mad rush to keep up with it.

3 Likes

1st floor went much better

3 Likes

And I finally fixed that horrible conduit pipe that builders put in when the house was built.

Originally they bent the pipe and pinched the power wire in the pipe. I bent it back up so the electrician could run new romex through the pipe.

I knew I needed to use an elbow and flex conduit so when concrete was done I would go back to it. That is why I temporarily filled the cavity with foam.

Then I carefully cut the pipe down.

And finally… after measuring where the island is going to be…

4 Likes

Reason why concrete looks different is because of a Webcrete 95 skim coat. It is still very much flat.

3 Likes

Better fix your roof, clearly there’s a leak :laughing:

3 Likes

If it is leaking self leveling concrete I will be a millionaire. No way I am fixing that!

3 Likes