Serialize 80% receiver or frame

Sounds like it should be a national effort like the trucker convoy

FJB1776 engraved for everyone :rofl:

5 Likes

We donā€™t worry much about the Constitution here in WA.
I see RTB is trying to help:

6 Likes

@albroswift so your stuff is still 80%?

3 Likes

When Chairman Inslee wants me to put a number on my home made flintlock, I do think Ill go to his house and shove it up his ass.

Cant sell an 80%er if you own one. The 80% business is about to tank.

5 Likes

Only the stuff that went down in the boating accident.

5 Likes

Then you have to get someone that can do some underwater engraving.

5 Likes

Had around 6 MSRs and 6 1911s in 80% condition before the accident. Enough for next few years builds.

I donā€™t mind building MSRs on serialized 100% receivers, done several on Anderson, AP, and Spikes when they were going for 80-90 bucks.
1911 rather start blank slate.
Really like to get to the point I can engrave my own.

5 Likes

Aint got none, dont want none.

Just sayin Ya know

4 Likes

Donā€™t hold back, tell us what you really think.

4 Likes

3 decades of working on M16s showed me how to hug My caliber 30, M1.

4 Likes

Under the ā€œOld Rulesā€ the answer is clearly no. I started building pretty much from scratch a range of weapons into the ghost fun frenzy. I built a number of pistols and rifles pretty much from scratch including ā€œFlatsā€ to make all kinds of AKā€™s and Krinks etc. 1/2 And 1/2 pistols and rifles. Before I built the first one I simply called up the ATF in DC and established a contact there for answering my questions. None of the negatives you hear about the ATF ever. I suspect most of them are gun guys like us but obviously there are some ass kissers etc working against us for the other side. At no time did anyone every imply or say a s/n etc was required and that in fact it was not a requirement as long as I was building for myself which I was. The only thing I every heard was ā€œwhat happens if your gun is stolen?ā€ How could you identify it, if it was recovered? Pretty much the std suggestion was "You should consider putting your drivers license number or something on it that law enforcement could use if a stolen unmarked weapon of yours was recovered. I never did so but I alway marked the frame and or other major components with my code.mark so if that should happen I could easily identify it as mine. I do have photos of each of course in files that only I can access which only make sense of course but have never needed to use them. So until the ā€œNEW LAWā€ goes into service Iā€™m sure itā€™s business as usual as far as not needing a s/n on a homemade gun, Best from here Old Bob

5 Likes

You donā€™t have to s/n your 80% built for you. If it goes to a ffl in trade or a gunsmith for repair it needs a s/n.
If you trade it to a FFL they have too apply the s/n.
Unless I misunderstood the regs.

4 Likes

WA rules starting 2023 are different then the feds. Way I read it anyway.

5 Likes

Here are some choice excerpts from HB 1705
Untraceable firearm defined:

New rule

Unfinished frame or receiver

So the way it looks, after 3/2023 you can not possess a 80% frame, unless it has been serilized by an FFL dealer or an un-serilized firearm built after 7/2019.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s how I read the ā€˜illegalā€™ rule as well. The rule doesnā€™t follow what Congress has enacted.

The part I am still unclear on is, what is a now illegal ā€˜Kitā€™?

5 Likes

After 3/23 a kit would need a serialized receiver or frame to be in your possession. After 7/22 needs to be that way to purchase.

5 Likes

Does anyone know if there are any 2A advocacy groups standing up for us hobbyist and home builders?

5 Likes

SAF is doing good work here on the local level but havenā€™t herd a squeek about this one.
They are challenging the hi cap ban that came out of the same session I believe. WA is a gonner in my opinion. San Francisco lite.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve tried calling SAF all day this morning to ask about HB 1705. They picked up once and immediately hung up on me before I could even say anything. Iā€™ll try back tomorrow.

6 Likes

Bet the their phone is ringing off the hookā€¦

5 Likes