Shooters Arms 1911s?

One of the local shops here got a bunch of 1911 clones from a company called Shooters Arms? Does anyone know anything about this company and their 1911s? They are asking 450 for them which I have mixed feelings about. Opinions?

6 Likes

I’m not familiar with the brand other than what I’ve read. To me, seems like B brand like RIA. Springfield Armory is selling the Defender model online from a few places like Palmetto, etc $499. It’s basically a GI milspec model with a match barrel. I have one and put close to 100 rounds through it Saturday. Pretty darn good! Colt is also offering some great prices on similar models trying to spur revenue. Personally, I’d check out some of the quality “known” brands 1st to see what can be had for a similar price range. just my opinion…,

5 Likes

Century is importing them from the Philippines.
The company is known as SAM as well.
Large gun manufacturer and quality can vary depending on the manufacturer.
SAM has a good reputation for making good firearms at a good price as well.
There are several reviews on StuTube.
I found when getting my Iver Johnson (Also a Philippines made gun) that there are different levels of quality depending on the model of the same gun from Deluxe to just gets by.
Check the reviews and be aware of what model you will consider.

6 Likes

SAM and RAI been around on this side of for the fence for sometime and are priced a bit above budget ( for us Norinco )
https://www.cabelas.ca/product/94874/norinco-m-1911-semi-automatic-pistol

https://sporteque.ca/en/handguns/605-ria-1911-a1-fsp-45-acp.html

2 Likes

I prefer my 1911’s say COLT - the older the better.
I was offered to shoot a Springfield 1911 Last week and was impressed with the accuracy.

4 Likes

I’ll stay with my Springfield .

1 Like

The 1911 depends on tolerances
The 299 tisas I bought 5 years ago as learning gun is a beast
Other are shit
That’s how I started to roll my own
It was a pistol I bought when I went to Pgs
They teach basics
But you have to roll your own to really have what you want
I have several 1911 pistols
It’s not the brand folks it’s the builder