Shooting Glasses for Eyeglass wearers

Let us know your impression when you get them, Tim. I thought of getting regular prescription frames with the side shield add-ons. I’m sure they’d look better and less “dorky” than the wraparounds with inserts, but I’m now at an age where facial aesthetics are less important than they were when I was younger.

Anyway, I was wondering what you meant by the large frame opening?

Also, forgot to ask about the 25" focus. Is that like a bifocal?

Ed,

The large frame opening I referred to is larger lenses than average. My
Wal-mart readers have a lense 2" wide by 1" high, the glasses I ordered
have a lense 2.25" wide by 2" high. My computer glasses have the large
lenses and the 25" focus distance but they are not safety glasses. My
entire 27" monitor is in focus and I do not need to move my head to see any
part of the screen. Will let you know how my new glasses do when I get
them.

Thanks,

Tim.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the explanation. I wish I could get larger frames, but they not only look bad on my pin-head sized head, but my prescription is so high (-9.75), I need smaller frames to reduce the weight and thickness of the lens. I could get high index lenses, but I don’t think they’re safety rated like the polycarbonate ones.

Just bought a pair of rx sunglasses at Walmart with poly lenses and used them at front sight with no problems.

Finally got them in the mail. I got the Smith Optics Aegis Arc Compact safety glasses with a prescription insert. They came with a clear and a “smoke gray” lens. The lenses are very easy to swap, and the prescription inserts are also very easy to remove and re-install. Given my high prescription, I was afraid the insert lenses would be too thick, even with the high index lenses, and wouldn’t fit within the safety frame, but they fit fine. The outer safety lenses themselves are relatively thick compared to other safety glass frames but are still comfortable. I also had no trouble with ear protection - the ear cups fit fine. The “Compact” model is supposedly slightly smaller than the regular kind and designed for smaller heads/faces like mine (I have a 7 1/8" hat size for comparison). They don’t pinch and they’re not wide and loose on my head, at least not for now. Hopefully they’ll stay that way. All in all very pleased.