Shopify Attacks Gun Stores!

The definitions listed below ( “AUP Definitions” ) apply to Shopify’s Acceptable Use Policy ( “AUP” ). Shopify reserves the right to update and change the AUP Definitions at any time.

“Materials” means any photo, image, video, graphic, written content, audio file, code, information, data or other content uploaded, collected, generated, stored, displayed, distributed, transmitted or exhibited on or in connection with your Account.

“Restricted Items” means:

Certain Firearms

• an automatic firearm that has not been rendered inoperable

• a semi-automatic firearm that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine, with one or more of the following items:

• magazine capable of accepting more than 10 rounds
    • bump stock
    • rapid fire trigger activator or trigger crank
    • barrel shroud
    • thumbhole stock
    • threaded barrel capable of accepting a flash suppressor, sound suppressor or silencer
    • grenade or rocket launcher
    • flash suppressor, sound suppressor or silencer
    • pistol grip (or in the case of a pistol, a second pistol grip)
    • forward pistol grip
  • a semi-automatic firearm that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds

• firearms without serial numbers

• ghost guns and 3D printed guns, including blueprints for such guns

• any part, component or kit for any firearm or gun listed above

Certain Firearm Parts

• 80% or unfinished lower receivers

• magazine capable of accepting more than 10 rounds

• bump stock

• grenade or rocket launcher

• pistol grip (or in the case of a pistol, a second pistol grip)

• forward pistol grip

• barrel shroud*

• thumbhole stock*

• threaded barrel capable of accepting a flash suppressor, sound suppressor or silencer*

• flash suppressor, sound suppressor or silencer*

• rapid fire trigger activator or trigger crank

• any part, component or kit for a firearm part or including a firearm part listed above

*only if for use with a semi-automatic firearm

Last updated: August 13, 2018
© 2018 Shopify Inc.

3 Likes

Wonder if this was the backup shopping cart infowars announced dumped them?

Its all related, all a war

garbage

2 Likes

You know with the right people at the helm there is a huge opening for a disruptive service.
I really know little of all this but there is an ever broadening market for similar businesses cater to.
A pro gun “Shopify” clone I think could clean up. With gun businesses and others that just want to sell stuff and don’t care either way about guns.

Any entrepreneurs out there?

3 Likes

Just saw The Daily Shooter’s video on this. What a crock.

1 Like
2 Likes

I had to do a lot of research into the companies I used with when I set up my gun shop.

There are a LOT of businesses that discriminate against gun businesses and owners. It is frustrating.

3 Likes

We have an announcement to make!

New Year…New Store.

To our customers:

Some may have heard how difficult it’s become for 2A companies to do business these days. As much as we’d love to say we’re immune, it’s hit us too.

Up to now, the online storefront of our business has been hosted by a company called Shopify, a company that made $673 million last year hosting stores from businesses like ours.
Why they made this move is anyone’s guess but we all know there is nothing illegal about any of us exercising our Constitutional rights as granted in the 2nd Amendment.
We are most certainly not zealots interested in supplying weapons to make the world even crazier. But rather, we are a small-business safely operating a legitimate and legal business.

Whether you choose to continue using a companies like Shopify is your decision, but we ask that you keep in mind the stance of companies like this before choosing to make them richer. Also, we ask that you stay aware of nonsense such as this in your own area. Try and stay informed on the issues, and make sure to get out and vote, both with your ballot and your dollars. It seems one of the ONLY ways to get someone’s attention these days is to exercise the power of your vote.

In the meantime, we are putting the finishing touches on our own site. We ask for your patience as we change over our online experience to better serve our customers now and into the future. Nothing’s changed with us, we still deliver great products and provide great values, we’re just having to move fast to keep things going and we certainly appreciate your continued business.

Sincerely,

The MSR Arms Family

So, here’s what to expect!

If you need us, we’re still here:

• MSRarms.com will be down for maintenance for a few days.
  • If you have an outstanding order, please call or email us for tracking help.
  • If you need to place an order or check stock, please call or email us.

You can reach us at sales@msrarms.com or by calling 888-318-8540.

5 Likes

More people that need to pound sand.

5 Likes

I guess these companies haven’t learned anything from Dick’s Sporting Goods. Let’s reduce that $673 million next year. Spread the word and boycott!

5 Likes

Closed our store and haven’t been back since. F 'EM

4 Likes