Shot a match today with Festus

Went down to Tallahassee today to shoot a USPSA match. I met @Festus their and he shot his first USPSA match today. :clap: He did very well for his first match. Very accurate shooting. It was a lot of fun I plan on shooting the monthly USPSA match at that club. The stages where fun and the people were great. I came in 19th out of 52 overall and 4th in limited. I hope Randy will join me next month. I encouraged him to sign up for that clubs Steel Challenge later this month.

16 Likes

Looks like y’all had a good time

11 Likes

It was awesome!

12 Likes

You were worried about doing good. You placed much higher than I did my first match and maybe my fifth match.

11 Likes

First match?

All I got is a song for that evil MAC

cause poor Festus

You’re hooked

Awesome report, good job guys!

11 Likes

:yep: I even told his wife what I was doing and she was fine with it. She really is an awesome catch @Festus.

10 Likes

Thank you very much! She is a blessing. I think she may even be supportive if a get a new addition. When I look at all the shooters in the same category as my mine including the U I was 7 out of 13.

9 Likes

Sounded that way to me.

9 Likes

I’ll start saving. Lol

8 Likes

Figure out what you want to shoot. Production, Limited, Carry Optics, PCC, Single Stack or if you save enough Open

9 Likes

God knew I couldn’t stay on the straight and narrow if He hadn’t sent us too each other.

9 Likes

Yeah I got a goodun myself

9 Likes

That 1911 was nice but the Canik was also nice and accurate. I’ve got some hard choices to make but they are good choices to have. The 2011 was nice too but very expensive

9 Likes

They can really make our lives better or not so better. Lol

9 Likes

Which one is Festus and which one is Mac in the photo?

8 Likes

The Canik is great. I would shoot production with it. It would be my first choice for a production gun because all the factory “upgrades” in the TP9FDX model. The light slide the 5in barrel, narrow fiber optic front sight, and the trigger is better than any other production gun out there except a Walther. The only problem with production is you can only load 10 rounds in the mags, so you need a bunch of mags.

9 Likes

I’m the guy kneeling in front Randy is standing behind me.

11 Likes

Mac has the full 30 shirt and I have the Wicked Tinkers shirt on.

11 Likes

I would get better at mag changes for sure.

11 Likes

Good stage planning and muscle memory can make 10 round mags a non issue

10 Likes