Shot show 2020

And a shit ton of ammo brother

4 Likes

M240 is a million times better than the M249, I carried a 249 Mini in Afghanistan and hitting anything past 50 yards became more luck than skillā€¦even the full size 249ā€™s accuracy was terrible, true spray and pray weaponā€¦

7 Likes

Years ago I had a chance to try a full auto something or other.
After watching for a while and counting the amount of brass that thing spit out, I decided to keep sitting on my wallet.
Never had the urge since.

6 Likes

My father a class III weapon that throws them out stupid fast too. He does a lot of reloading for it. But back when he bought it the price was 3k now itā€™s worth 15k

Those things are expensive all the way around

3 Likes

watched a few videos on YT from shot show and have not seen anything earth shattering yetā€¦a lot of new handguns mostly, a few neat AR style riflesā€¦

3 Likes

Thereā€™s only so many ways to make an AR, the triarc systems were nice. I was impressed with the SF compact Kimber 9mm but thatā€™s been out for a while

4 Likes

Just put it under your coat and walkout

4 Likes

Yeah but true velocity is going public so that will be interesting none the less.
I am personally interested in PSA new AK gf4.

But yeah nothing earth shattering yet.

4 Likes

Where the f*** is Kalashnikov USA? Weā€™ve been hearing all about Saigas for years now :angry:

3 Likes

I had a Siaga Sporter I bought for 450 at a pawn shop, did the trigger change, added new wood, removed thread cover on end of barrel, threaded it, added muzzle brake and sold it for 1500ā€¦wish I had it back, it would shoot ragged holes at 50 yardsā€¦

6 Likes

I still want one. :cowboy_hat_face: Always have always will no matter how impractical. My brother over his long military career also used it among others and even he sort of liked it. He preferred more long range rifles so it is what it is.

For suppressive fire the M249 serves a great purpose. Trying to hit anything beyond 50yds is a futile and impractical endeavor I agree. Still, being a civilian I want one bad. :+1:

3 Likes

I tried but for some reason they wouldnā€™t let me out of the building :joy::joy:

4 Likes

7 Likes

100%. The 240 is far less finicky, a better fire impulse, more rangeā€¦ I have never liked the 249 but Iā€™d absolutely love to have a 240.

5 Likes

Oh myā€¦PSA is killing it, just watched 2 videos on YT and PSA has some killer stuff coming out a Glock 19 clone for $299ā€¦AK74ā€¦AK in 5.56ā€¦MP5 clone will be shipping this yearā€¦x54 AK this yearā€¦holy cow, I will be broke again when this stuff starts shippingā€¦

5 Likes

They had a HUGE booth inside the main room - very impressive display, and yes, they had 12ga shotguns. Many variations. I didnā€™t get any pics of that, but Iā€™ll try to get some from the other guys. It was big this year.I got back at 2:40am this morning, so Iā€™m working on editing all my pics and getting a thread up on 308AR.com. As soon as I get it all in there, Iā€™ll link if back here.

Had a pretty big bar tab Thursday night. Somehow got into the Glock party after that. Miracles being what they are. The Crye Precision stuff on Wednesday night was nutsā€¦

5 Likes

Hereā€™s my initial report on SHOT 2020. No pics yet, but I GOTTA get the story out before I lose it all - well, what I can remember from it, in the first placeā€¦ Daylight - rational clarity. Sunset, darknessā€¦ Uuuummm, wellā€¦ Whatever. :rofl: I think I was over-served.

4 Likes

Theyā€™ve had shotguns out for awhile and a few pistol caliber options but no rifles out (7.62x39mm or 5.56x45mm). They keep saying next year lol.

4 Likes

Giant booth, brother - everything. Rifles, x39, x45, all that. It was all hanging out, on the giant walls in that giant booth. Iā€™ll try to scavenge pics from the guys I was there with.

5 Likes

Hopefully they release them before a ban happens lol

4 Likes