Shotguns, pump, break, bolt, semi. Lets see them

Damned if i know, i wasn’t born till the 70’s lol

2 Likes

Same here mate! :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I don’t remember any rifled shotguns until the mid eighths. And then it was weather a Remington ,savage. Mossberg or H&R.

2 Likes

@ everyone, A German named August Kotter was involved with some of the first rifled shotgun barrels in 1592 if you can believe that.

4 Likes

Wow! Learn something new every day! (Even at our ages) thanks

2 Likes

LonewolfMcQuade, Mister_Torgue:

I have an extra 20 years on you two and I didn’t know that (Kotter - rifled shotgun), either.

Thanks SAK67.

5 Likes

here’s a link to a website mentioning August Kotter and rifling:

3 Likes

Felt the need to Duracoat my 95 12g 3"cal Remington 870 Magnum Express Deer Rifle shotgun this afternoon. Turn out alright. Now I’ll have to work on the wood portions of it and she’ll look like new again.

6 Likes

Never too many shotguns

6 Likes

Details!

3 Likes

A.410 skeet 870 two 20 gauge 870 two 12 gauge 870 one is a trap gun two 20 gauge 1100s one 12 gauge 1100 a Browning citori and a 20 gauge o/u and a 870 tactical.

4 Likes

Thought I recognized me some Remington 1100’s. Love my Featherlight 20ga 1100.

1 Like

5 Likes

Mossberg 500 with 10 rd drum

7 Likes

SPAS 12

6 Likes

870 that’s set up for the old lady
I like it too but I’m not a fan of the magpul

This is a combat s12 that I built about 10 years ago I like it better than the vepr 12 I have

6 Likes

(picture removed)

it shoots 20 gauge shells and is pump action.

6 Likes

Oh that’s in 20ga? Do want!

4 Likes

Mister_Torgue:

yeah, 20 gauge.

I am getting to be more and more of a 20 gauge fan. I even do most of my sporting clay shooting with a Remington 870 in 20 gauge.

5 Likes

All:

Please don’t get me wrong, I still like 12 gauge a lot, just when I do a lot of shotgun shooting in 1 day (such as with sporting clay), the 12 gauge is more recoil than I care to handle (that many times).

And, for most purposes, 20 gauge is as powerful (and heavy a recoil), as I care to try.

2 Likes