6 Likes

Glad youā€™re not a proctologist!!!:astonished:

5 Likes

4 Likes

@TickledDog
Here is a functional prototype

6 Likes

I am very interested in this product.
From purely a engineering stand point I have a question for you @Robocop1051.
Why does the bolt carrier look like it does not have enough room to decelerate?
This could aid in felt recoil and improved part life and reduce worn parts.
I mean no insult in my question. I just would like to know the design freedom/ limitations you have ran into with this build.
I am also interested in an accuracy report with the ammos you have used and distances fired.
Thank you for your time in advance.

4 Likes

I donā€™t know long guns yet, but that is a very cool looking weapon.

5 Likes

@switchpod
Forgive me if I donā€™t share EVERYTHING here. Investors and I have nearly 7 digits invested in this project (the entire business, not just the rifle). I have to leave something for the big reveal.

The rifle is operated with a short stroke piston system. The buffer system is tuned with tungsten weight, using a flat wire buffer spring. The gas system is self regulated, shooting with the same reliability suppressed or using our own compensator.

As for recoil, I hate to ā€œbrakeā€ it to yā€™all. Most people enjoy shooting my .338LM vs their personal .308ā€™s. This rifle was tested extensively at an indoor range, standing. I crank of round after round with zero discomfortā€¦ and Iā€™m not big by any stretch of the definition.

While testing suppressors, we were launching Black Hills 250gr at 100 yards. The 5 round hole (not shot by me) measured less than .400 diameter

I currently have six prototypes completed. Each one slightly different in variation from the next. This includes the barrel manufacturers. We are currently in production and negotiating with some specific barrel manufacturers. Until we lock down an exact barrel, we have not been shooting for distance nor accuracy. So far we have tried Lothar Walther, Criterion, Krieger and Bergara barrelsā€¦ I even have one carbon fiber wrapped version.

So far I have shot inexspensive S&B 250gr. and everything up to Black Hills 250gr and 325gr. It all seems to be feedingā€¦ the BH ammo is considerable higher quality than the rest. $5 per round makes testing VERY expensive.

6 Likes

I understand non disclosure agreements.
Thank you sharing what you could.

I know how that is. My wife only wants to shoot my .50 BMG when we are at the range.
It sounds like you have the rifle dialed in to me. Good move on the flat wire spring![quote=ā€œRobocop1051, post:28, topic:6790ā€]
we were launching Black Hills 250gr at 100 yards. The 5 round hole (not shot by me) measured less than .400 diameter
[/quote]

Sounds good to me!

Both a loved barrel makers in my opinion.

Hopefully from proof research.

I shoot an awful lot of that ammo, and yes 5 dollars a round gets expensive.
Thank you for the information Brother.

6 Likes

Iā€™m struggling to know what to be more impressed withā€¦the rifle or the intelligent discussionā€¦

I feel left out :exploding_head:

:+1: Thread

6 Likes

At least itā€™s the good Robocop and not the crappy reboot. :poop:

3 Likes

Sweet looking design

3 Likes

Welcome from AZ !

2 Likes