Show off your EDC!

I like it! And you were nice enough not to flaunt your wealth like Robert did with his dime and nickel…

5 Likes

Lots of references to controlling recoil in this thread.
Gotta’ say recoil in any handgun can be greatly improved with good technique.
In other words, it’s not so much the gun, but the shooter.
Many folks will swear up and down they are doing it right.
But while they look like they are, upon closer examination, they aren’t.
If you are having trouble with controlling recoil, do yourself a favor and find someone who really knows how to show you.
Watching online videos doesn’t cut it,
It takes someone to watch and correct your technique.
Unsolicited advice over.

6 Likes

100%!

4 Likes

Don’t worry scro, work hard, uh, and, uh, huh, got nothin, sorry

2 Likes

Damn elitist snob!:rofl:

2 Likes

@Robert

From your post above:
“Don’t worry scro, work hard, uh, and, uh, huh, got nothin, sorry”

What the heck is (a) “scro” ?

4 Likes

Pick your poison scro :sunglasses:

5 Likes

As posted here…

A common topic nowadays is the, “what’s in your pocket?”

This is my first line. Meaning just the stuff in my pockets.

3392E239-85F8-4FCB-9912-73C348CE0497.jpeg

1. Springfield XDs 3.3” 9mm with Crimson Trace light/laser

2. X2 9rd mags loaded with Federal 147gr HST

3. Maverick .357 loaded with CCI #4 Shot

4. Emerson CQC-15

5. Surefire Stiletto flashlight

6. Plain old snot rag, handkerchief.

I didn’t think I needed to show my old leather wallet, and the phone I used to take the picture. This is my complete “pocket filler” collection. Yes, I carry two guns. Actually… that’s a lie… sometimes I carry three. Do not buy this light!!! If you do, you will never buy another light again!!! I freakin love this light. My only gripe with it is that I wish the clip was an “S-clip” so I could clip it in either direction.

My second line is a bit more involved. I started carrying this bag as a cheap alternative to some of my bigger backpacks and sling bags. It was supposed to help me decide on whether or not I wanted to invest in a better bag. It has convinced me, but the miser in me won’t replace it till it fails…

5A99454C-842D-4947-B149-ECD2F35CCAAE.jpeg

i bought this shoulder bag (cheap VISM/NCSTAR) at a gun show for about $20. It came with double M4 mag pouch on one side and double pistol mag pouches on the other. I ditched those right away. I wanted to try the shoulder bag (wife calls is my “tactical man-purse”) but didn’t want to waste money on something I didn’t know I’d like. I just needed a daily bag I could carry daily crap in. As you can see, it’s about 11” Long, 8” Wide and 7” Deep. This is not a wilderness survival bag or a “Bail Out Bag”. This is designed to add to my EDC as a second tier for “urban utility”. There’s no trap making materials, signaling devices, fire kits or anything else of those sorts. This was built for my needs as a dad and cop.

C8061087-6F68-48E8-BB98-F466E6A7308F.jpeg

one of the most important parts is my quick to reach back panel. I think it was supposed to be for a CCW, but I don’t believe in “off body” carry… unless you already have one on your body and you want to have two!! I keep my “dual fuel” Streamlight and my badge here. I want both of them as close as I can have them, but still out of the way.

78AEBA5F-550A-4671-97B6-F1D8FA7EF675.jpeg

I put some nylon straps on the bottom to secure a lightweight jacket or sweater. It was a simple addition with some leftover straps from another bag. I couldn’t think of another reason/use for south pole molle???

650C75BB-446D-4C53-BC77-CD3B9D5A0464.jpeg

the bottom pouch houses my PIG gloves. I originally had them just clipped to the side, but they flapped too much. This is just as fast and now they’re out of the way.

0C235E33-5A2C-4D1C-B90A-E7A6CE3F2A1B.jpeg

front pouch is really flat, and only good for certain shaped items. I usually host a handful of CROM business cards here too… which reminds me, I need to order more.

DAA0C2B5-036D-4195-A385-783DD4ACA1DB.jpeg

my next pouch is a little larger. I currently just have a bunch of emergency ear plugs in here. The reason for this is that I’m constantly in/out of my machine shop and I’m forgetting to grab ear pro. This was just a fast way for me to grab more. The little square package is a sewing kit I snagged from a hotel. Never pass these up! I take them whenever I see them, and sometimes ask for extras. I put them everywhere.

819C3F3B-8CED-4D5B-8FE8-E978377B5D7B.jpeg

the main compartment is pretty large, as seen in the first pics. I made this battery kit for traveling. It has a 27.8k mAh battery with accompanying cables and wall chargers for just about everything imaginable. Unfortunately it’s not powerful enough to charge a full-size laptop, but everything else is covered. A fast wall charger and USB-C port make this a speedy unit! I keep a silica bag inside the box to keep moisture away from my wires.

97DB668F-47DF-4C7B-A2CD-3370932553B0.jpeg

on the very top is all my first aid. I keep a CAT tourniquet wrapped in shock cord on the outside. Inside is a very full first aid kit, covering just about everything I can imagine for my family. Most of the items came directly from my time in an emergency room.

C3043781-E0EF-4B2B-90D2-D1A5ABF0DCBD.jpeg

On one should strap is my quick to grab Benchmade seatbelt cutter. This bag is small enough to fit under my driver seat. I make sure I can at least grab this. I have a smaller Gerber cutter in my duty gear. Due to recent politics, I wouldn’t buy another Benchmade, but there’s no denying their quality and the fact that I’ve had this for YEARS.

083CB6FF-81E9-44A5-B30B-B4BFDFE6A3E5.jpeg

I keep a Vanquest organizer case attached to the outside molle. Inside you find:

1. Extra pocket knife

2. Black Sharpie and a pen

3. My house keys

4. A ziplock baggie with wet wipes (must have!)

5. Bic lighter

6. Roll of small plastic waste bags

7. Small flashlight

8. Universal USB cables, wall chargers and spare batteries.

If you look to the side of the organizer, there’s a polymer carabiner and an HK-style clip on the molle. I use these to quick clip gear, like my gloves and my water bottle. I don’t use them often, because I don’t like stuff dangling and swinging (intended innuendo).

39FC43B2-7E80-4516-929A-9D30A0754B0C.jpeg

my Leatherman Surge is molle on the second shoulder strap. I keep a spare Bic lighter in the elastic. The Surge has the entire bit kit, with bit extender, and a spare saw and file. I use this piece almost daily. I originally bought this for duty, but I never take it off this bag. Looks like I’ll be shopping for another multitool soon.

A6414677-067A-468A-87FF-ADD263D7D343.jpeg

last is my innocent looking cellphone case. I swear I bought it for my phone, but I later realized my phone was a 1st line item, and should remain in my pocket. This was empty for about 13 seconds when I realized it would fit two 11rd single stack magazines. Perfect!

That’s about it. Obviously stuff changes as my task and environment changes. I try to keep this bag “school friendly” as much as possible. It’s a little much, without going over the top. Lol

BE3F6D9B-EBD3-47A7-B03B-D2D6AB2093C7.jpeg

12 Likes

https://www.etsy.com/listing/502250942/destructo-vest?ga_order=price_desc&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=men%26%2339%3Bs+apocalyptic+vest&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&organic_search_click=1

:face_with_monocle:I think I went into the wrong business.

Apparently, I should just sell all my everyday-wear clothes on Etsy!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/463252753/slayed-for-days-leather-biker-vest?ga_order=price_desc&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=men%26%2339%3Bs+apocalyptic+vest&ref=sr_gallery-1-3&organic_search_click=1

12 Likes

Wow, cool stuff!

6 Likes

4 Likes

EDC

imagev171abf60d2b4f008c5d930fae8ff46fb1-um8yfybvtjrp663g9q2_ct1880x930

4 Likes

You were a Bandito?

5 Likes

I know a few banditos
They’re Lifers

2 Likes

Which prison? :smiley:

3 Likes

Hahhaaha

11 Likes

4 Likes

11 Likes

H&K P30sk in 9mm
Spare 15rd HK Mag
SOG Trident Tanto
Leather wallet(forgot the brand)

My pistol choice changes every once in awhile but I’ve carried the P30sk for the pass 3 months and love it. The knife and my wallet have been the same since I was 16, I’m 23 now

8 Likes

Vertex gamut overland backpack, With level IIIA Premier body armor,. Sig Sauer M 17, and a Sig copperhead

12 Likes