Show off your EDC!

Hmmm, polymer shanks you say? Do I smell another steel vs polymer debate coming?

I kid I kid…

3 Likes

No! Do it please. I almost just did!

3 Likes

@Everyone, what about the all titanium knife option?

5 Likes

SAK67:

Nice idea ! I like it !

Anybody have any suggestions as to which brand of titanium knives to buy?

Now, where’s my wallet? Need to get ready to buy some Titanium Knives !

4 Likes

Microtech 105-7 Jagdkommando Fixed 7" Tri-Edge Dagger, Bead Blast Finish, Black Aluminum Sheath.

7 Likes

@JohnB, don’t forget about the all ceramic as well I don’t recommend ceramic knives I’ve broken or chipped out every single one I’ve had but they won’t set off a metal detector that’s for sure.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t recommend going to the airport with a poly knife. It would not behoove you.

3 Likes

I remember going thru TSA in Chicago behind a guy that had a pocket knife (pre 9/11). He simply took it out of his pocket, put it into the tray, went thru the scanner, and picked it back up afterwards. No one said a word. Boy, have times changed! But, even then, I was in shock that they let him take the pocket knife with him into the secure area (and presumably, onto the plane).

Yeah, I would be scared to take any kind of knife to/thru the airport. However, some pen makers make some very sturdy pens (another hobby of mine). I have had a lot of security people closely look at some of my pens, but they accepted my having and carrying them. Just a thought for those of us who always want something (some tool), to help defend ourselves.

5 Likes

jf89:

So, you are ok as long as you don’t put it into your carry on luggage (the x-ray should be able to see it), and you don’t get one of those full body scans (hands in the air, etc). Right?

2 Likes

@Caw, I’m pretty sure Cold Steel makes something like you’re talking about not sure if they still make them ?

2 Likes

@JohnB like switchpod recommends! I’ll second, don’t screw around with TSA with blades at the airport it ain’t worth it.

2 Likes

SAK67:

Trust me, I don’t screw around with TSA. I only carry my pens. And yes, they are real pens, not knives made to look like pens.

2 Likes

jf89:

I dunno. Good luck either way!

And, one thing I have learned from flying a lot, you can’t count on the security people to allow the same things everywhere you go. And some TSA people are just not nice (think San Francisco, for example).

2 Likes

@Caw, I agree with what John just advised if they in their view determine your carrying a weapon they’re going to arrest you on the spot! don’t screw with TSA it’s not worth it I know firsthand.

3 Likes

Where did you get the IFAK? Did it fall off a truck or did you order it?

1 Like

lmbo this thing is the dumbest

1 Like

Recoil_Therapy
3h
lmbo this thing is the dumbest

What do you recommend?

1 Like

6 Likes

My EDC in it’s natural habitat, not laid out on a table.

9 Likes

@Tactical_Reviews, very nice, did you make that yourself, you’re walking device I’m referring to.

3 Likes