Show off your EDC!

Sure did, get a lot of comments about it

3 Likes

A knife you can cut with.

2 Likes

@Recoil_Therapy

I will try again

4 Likes

@Recoil_Therapy, Iā€™m going to call you out on this one. I donā€™t see anything wrong with that individual first aid kit. And as far as the Benchmade contego goes thatā€™s a kick-ass blade! you want to talk knives Iā€™m the guy bring it.

5 Likes

Iā€™m going to call you out on this one. I donā€™t see anything wrong with that individual first aid kit. And as far as the Benchmade contego goes thatā€™s a kick-ass blade! you want to talk knives Iā€™m the guy bring it.

This forum is formatted very badly. I didnā€™t suggest that there was anything wrong with that IFAK. In fact, I asked him where he got it, because Iā€™ve been looking for authentic USA/USAF IFAKs. All I have are some of the contents of an IFAK in ziploc bags.

As far as the knife goes, I wasnā€™t referring to the Contego. It looks like a great knife. I was referring to that stupid Jagdkommando tri-edge knife that was posted.

2 Likes

@Recoil_Therapy

The forum is fine. Please go through the tutorial to learn how to quote a post. I feel every one was a little confused buy your comment.
The[quote=ā€œRecoil_Therapy, post:71, topic:4170ā€]
Jagdkommando
[/quote]
Was posted due to a conversation regarding titanium knives, and non Ferris knives.

Ziplock bags work fine for the short term. The IFAK is an original with NSN number. I recommend SOE for high quality cordura bag. They offer a little more options than digi camo.

Welcome to the Full30 forum Brother.

4 Likes

@Recoil_Therapy, the Microtech that youā€™re calling stupid do you have much experience with Hollow handled thousand dollar plus knives? Oh yeah welcome to FULL30!

1 Like

I donā€™t need a ton of experience with $1,000 knifes to see a ridiculous concept and point out how dumb it is.

That knife has no way to cut things.

Need to cut a rope? Canā€™t.

Need to cut anything? Canā€™t.

How could you hope to sharpen its 3 edges of titanium? What kind of edge does titanium hold, and for how long? Thereā€™s a sucker born every minute, and if you buy a $1,000 knife, with its hollow handle, thinking its ā€˜elite namesakeā€™ and drilled holes that serve no purpose are bad ass, youā€™re one of them. If you want some elite commando knife to carry for defense, buy a more traditional fighting knife with an actual cutting surface, like literally anything else, for a fraction of the cost.

There is no argument to be made for ever buying that, other than you hate money and are a sucker for marketing.

1 Like

@Recoil_Therapy, the knife is not designed for cutting itā€™s designed for stabbing your opponent nothing else!

4 Likes

It is nearly impossible to sow closed a 3 point cut ā€œ punctureā€ especially ln The field. The holes allow blood flow. Yes it is a purpose driven item. Sharpening involves a round stone, or round ceramic.

3 Likes

A knife not designed for cutting and it costs more than a thousand dollars?

Check it out, here is a knife designed for stabbing and cutting: Fairbairnā€“Sykes fighting knife - Wikipedia

That knife has actually been used to kill Nazis by the SAS. Not to mention, you can actually cut with it if you need to :slight_smile:

What? What does this mean? Itā€™s not ā€˜almost impossibleā€™ to sew closed any wound in an operating room, provided you make it to one. The holes allow for blood flow? What? You stab the knife in and you pull it out. Who cares if blood can flow through the thing?

Youā€™ll have a team of surgeons operating on you. And before you suggest that this dumb knife will give you this special mortal stab wound that canā€™t be sewn closed in the field, please understand that you can be effortlessly stabbed in the neck, groin, upper arm, or in the abdomen and bleed to death in minutes with a regular K-BAR brand knife that cost $40 from the Army Navy store in the field. Good luck stopping arterial bleeding without a TQ!

You can sharpen them with a traditional stone as well, and not some ridiculous round stone or ceramic.

Guys, seriously? Are you really defending this idiotic product? Its purpose is to separate fools from their money.

3 Likes

Let me restate this for you. You seem to be getting a bit irritated with this.
In the field this sucks to fix.

A straight cut is not as hard in the field.

I have never carried a tri blade or ever recommend one.

3 Likes

Neither of those seem hard at all, judging from the illustration. In fact, the tricut seems easier as there are fewer sutures to tie off.

What is irritating is people seem to be advocating for what is little more than a gimmick and mall ninja meme. If that guy posted it ironically, then Iā€™ve successfully been trolled. Kudos.

2 Likes

@Recoil_Therapy

What is irritating is people seem to be advocating for what is little more than a gimmick and mall ninja meme. If that guy posted it ironically, then Iā€™ve successfully been trolled. Kudos.

I really donā€™t think that anyone here is trying to troll you Brother. I am the person that posted the picture of the micro tech knife, and I posted it 2 days before you had an account on the forum. We all have different opinions here and I will take yours into account. I also sent two private messages to you. 1 about the forum tutorial, and the second one about where you can find a IFAK to buy for yourself. A few people think that knife is cool. You donā€™t, and thatā€™s fair by me. Peace be with you Brother. I mean you no ill will.

5 Likes

Iā€™ll side with Recoil_Therapy on this one. Itā€™s a bad product in an industry already bloated with cheap, knock-off ā€œalternativesā€ that copy the original and fail. And if people buy products like these, theyā€™re only feeding the bloat. Maybe a knock off knife can be forgiven, but how many people could be hurt by trying to use a knock off tourniquet, that ends up failing under pressure? That tri-edge knife serves no real purpose and is only a pointy paperweight.

4 Likes

Custom by BUL, 19 rds mag, 9x19

9 Likes

How about we step back and remember weā€™re all friends here.

5 Likes

I do have a knife but itā€™s more utility then defence, no flashlight, no other crap but a small single person bleeder blowout kit for myself because fuck the person I had to blow a hole in.

5 Likes

Serge, that barrel looks badass. Details?

3 Likes

BUL (Israel) 1911 top, polymer grip (similar 2011)ā€¦ model SAS II Tactical Carry Commander (custom fit) trigger 3.5 ph

6 Likes